2002 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Still a Good Car

2002 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

GLS Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Still a Good Car
By TSmith on

2002 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Jetta Wagon for 8 years now and have 115k miles on it. This has been a good car. I tend to drive cars into the ground and have completed this mission with several Toyotas... so I know good cars. I have had a few problems with the plastic handles on the glove box and arm rest. They have been replaced. The door seal tends to freeze the door shut when left over night in very cold weather. Other than these small problems this has been a carefree car. I know two other people that own this same wagon and they have had the same luck with their cars that I have with mine. Consumer Reports did a very poor job of reviewing this car. I would recommend this car.

Fun to drive and lots of room for a small car. Sun roof. Can't stop this car with studded tires on it in the winter. Lots of power to weight ratio.

Not much for this type of car. I do not expect this car to last as long as my Toyotas but still it has been fine for 115k miles.