2011 Venza Good Value, Good Looks, Fit and Finish Inside not Perfect
By venzaowner on
2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)
I wanted 4-cylinder to save gas (180 hp is plenty enough for me). I wanted a hatchback style so I could put more stuff in back. I needed rear seats that folded down so I could put more and longer stuff in. I wanted leather since it's easier to keep clean and looks more professional. I wanted a panoramic roof so that it makes the back seats feel more spacious and comfortable to sit in. I wanted USB and MP3 capability so I don't have to change CDs so often. I wanted good looks on the outside. I wanted a nice, polite, clean and clear-looking front instrument panel. I wanted a non-luxury, well-known brand so I can get max. value for money and it it fixed anywhere. The Venza was it.
Favorite Features
4-cyl hatchback style folding rear seats leather panoramic roof USB and MP3/WMA capability Clean-looking instrument panel Lots of storage in bin next to driver and the glove compartment. Good looks on the outside
Suggested Improvements
Fit and Finish on the inside front dash is NOT GOOD. This area is seen all the time by occupants, and it makes the end product look cheap. This is an unacceptable level of quality control. For example, the speakeg grills don't line up and aren't flush with the rest of the dash. The section just in front of the LCD display doesn't fit that well either. My old, 1998 Infiniti QX4 had perfect fit and finish in contrast. I am not going to take my car in and demand they fix the front dash. It will open up a can of worms and something will go wrong (e.g. maybe they'll scratch things up while trying to fix it).