Used 2010 Toyota Venza Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Love / Hate
By William Wilson

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I love the reliability, great looks, comfortable ride and functionality. The interior finishes are average. I hate the loud creaking and cracking noise which eminates from my rear sunroof when I go over the smallest imperfection in the road. Dealer had vehicle for an entire week and gave up trying to find this noise. I'm embarrassed to travel with my clients. This noise started around 60,000 miles and is nearly unbearable at 80,000 miles. There's no good reason a $30,000 car should sound like it's coming apart at the seems with only 80,000 easy miles on it. I had planned to keep this car for 200,000 miles. I'll be replacing it with any vehicle other than a Toyota.

Hated to part with our 2010 4 cylinder Venza
By borjborj

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We had the car for 4 years and 1 month over 89,000 miles. We averaged 22K miles per year, never had any issues at all, only replaced tires and battery. We got combined 25.6 mpg on the original Bridgestones, harder riding tires. Replaced with Dunlop tires, then dropped to a combined 24.7 mpg, but it was a much better and smoother riding tires, worth losing 1 mpg. The car was always a pleasure to get on the road and travel and vacation in.

Favorite Features

The 4 cylinder milage, for the size and comfort it provided, all highway milage 28 to 28.5 mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Cargo area lighting

It has been a year
By luvtoyota10

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

It has been a year ( and 2 weeks) Since I got my 2010 Toyota Venza. It's Fun To Drive compared to my previous vehicle (2000 toyota 4runner). The sterring may be light but it is very agile. The ride is bumpy but I got over it. It's Great in the snow. I feel safe in it and it handles well in wet conditions. The color is fantastic. Very comfortable seats and good (front visibility) the Back up camera helps alot. The bluetooth streaming audio is fabulous.

Favorite Features

Everything! Not alot of body roll around the corners. Cup holders with lights.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior materials. Make them more scratch proof. And make the ride better but with good handling. Less road noise. I wish it had ambient lighting. Maybe the gas mileage could be improved.

Beware of Gas Mileage and Erratic Acceleration
By bosnol

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Although stylish and roomy, the Venza's gas mileage, even for a 4 cylinder, is poor compared to what is advertised, especially since we are careful, conservative drivers. It might be the overly sensitive accelerator pedal that results in excess gas consumption. The ride is not smooth either compared to the Ford Escape (we have had an Escape for 2 years). The satellite radio does not perform as well as it does in the Ford models such as the Escape. The dashboard mileage display screen is wired way too sensitive and cannot be adjusted.

Favorite Features

Style, roomy 2nd seat, cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to putting regular tires on the Venza. The ride is too rough. Re-design the acceleration system since gas mileage is poor. Fix the electronics that control the dashboard mileage monitor.

Venza 6 months
By rlionel

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

MyVenza was purchased new. After 6 months and 7,500 miles, it drives just like new! Have not had one problem with my Venza. The ride is smooth, just came back from a 500 mile trip! Gas mileage was 27 mph overall for the trip! I have the 4 cyl. At 182 Hp it is very sufficient! The Venza is versatile, the cargo space is excellent. Seats fold down all or 1/2! Plenty of storage space! Electric back door is great Sound system is also excellent, especially the blue tooth phone and streaming audio from my IPhone. Start button is great! The only issue is with the small back up camera. screen is way too small! I have had many suv's, this drives like a car, but sits up high. I would buy another!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, hands free phone, Xm satellite Start button, Bluetooth audio streaming. Wow styling! Ride is smooth!

Suggested Improvements

Back up camera too small.