Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

PreRunner Regular Cab Pickup (2.7L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 5.0 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Beware of Delphi Battery
By John on 07/23/05 12:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great truck; however, the GM parts contribution of the Delphi battery spewed battery acid all over the inner fender and hood. $836 (warranty paid) and two weeks later (in a rental car, also warranty paid) the body shop is still trying to repair the damage. So, including the battery the total cost to repair is about $1306, or 8% of the purchase price. Other than that I love the truck and can't wait until I get it back. I suggest not taking delivery until the GM battery is changed out.

Great Truck
By Michael on 03/23/05 05:59 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a prerunner with the SR5 package. 2 wheel drive, 5 spd., 4cyl. The fit and finish are the best of any truck I compared. The power is good and it's fun to drive. Very nice interior with lots of room. A very nice truck for little money with great gas mileage.

Nice Cheap Truck (Inexpensive)
By Glen on 01/25/05 10:18 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I was planning on buying a new Tacoma this year, I just happened to get lucky with the restyling for 2005. The truck looks as good as any truck out there, and looks like a "real" truck. Before making my decision I looked at used trucks of all kinds...outrageous prices for somebody elses high mileage monster. I was pleasently surprised to find I could buy a brand new Tacoma for around 16 Grand (people are selling their used Tacoma's for more). I got the PreRunner 4 cylinder because it was cheap and so am I, and I get the added benefit of good fuel mileage. Of course before receiving the truck I was concerned about H.P. envy, the truck has pleanty of power and drives great. No envy.