2003 Toyota Sequoia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:
Sequoia Summary
By LCWestford on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Overall I am really pleased with the SR5. It has reasonable gas mileage when compared to other Large SUVs. I average around 16 to 17 mpg. It has plenty of room and is really convenient when traveling with family. The quality of the interior is also superior to Ford and Chevy. The drawbacks I have had since I bought the vehicle: there is an annoying ticking or tapping sound (lifter noise?) coming from the engine that "Toyota" says is normal and not a mechanical problem. Supposedly, Toyota has had many complaints about this and is redesigning the 2003 to eliminate the sound.

2003 Sequoia
By Wes P on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Recently purchased '03 2WD Limited. Fantastic SUV. Ultra-smooth drivetrain. Great interior ergonomics. Factory DVD system is awesome. Had GMC Yukon but was going broke from fixing it. Little pricey but compared to others in class, it's OK. Super-sized sunroof, fun. Have high expectations for vehicle and hope they are met.

More for Less
By fmrapisura on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

With my Sequoia, I'm impressed how Toyota was able to combine luxury, design, comfort, size and performance at a price below $45,000. At 17 mpg rating,(although I'm only getting 16), I'm glad that it uses only 87 octane gasoline.

I Love My Sequoia!
By Alipanzo on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

When the Sequoia was first introduced, I wanted to have a closer look. I admired the 8-seat feature--that's a plus. It is so roomy in the rear; my children love it.

No buyers remorse here!
By 1st time SUVer on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I am so glad I bought this SUV. The ride is silky soft and the cabin is quiet and comfortable. I considered a Tahoe and an Expedition, but I questioned Tahoe's reliability and did not like Ford's style. So after reading mostly favorable consumer reviews, I decided to test drive the Sequoia. During the test drive I began to believe those seemingly suspicious rave reviews because I was hooked on the spot. I thought I'd have some sort of buyer's remorse, but so far there is none. I love having and driving this SUV!

Good SUV with bad workmenship!
By mesa-sticky on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Over all good SUV but many bad poor workmenship compare to Honda. Very comformatable seat and quiet engine. Be ware with saleperson, The dealer at Keaney mesa do not know what the sale. bad service.

What a vehicle!
By Jpooleii on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I could not be happier with my Sequoia purchase. To date I have not had a single problem with it and do not expect to. I think compared to the other SUV's on the market, the gas mileage is great.

Great vehicle!
By KevinW_D on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We have owned a Highlander for 15 months and the ownership experience has been so good that we bought this Sequoia when we needed a bigger vehicle. What a great SUV! The domestic vehicles just don't compete with the Toyota (even though the Sequoia was designed by a team in the USA).

excellent suv
By brums on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

fun to drive. Smooth and comfortable to ride in. this is the best SUV I ever bought.

BYE BYE '98 Suburban
By atldave on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We traded our '98 GMC Suburban 4X4 LT. We looked at the Yukon XL and there was no comparison. The Toyota is really a vehicle that you can live with day in and day out. It's a blast to drive! It seats 8 comfortably...The Yukon's are mostly sold with 4 bucket seats in ATL now. The interior comfort and ease of use is way ahead of the Yukon XL. The Yukon XL back seat was a beast to remove. The Yukon just was too truck- like, plus it was more expensive feature for feature. We don't tow much...If I towed, I'd have taken the Yukon.