Used 2003 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

That's My Baby!.
By CeeCee

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Vehicle is ideal for short person like me. I need to be up higher and closer to controls, which are same as Camry. Ride not as comfortable as Camry but fun. Concern about lack of rear bumper. Brakes not as responsive as Camry.Am happy with my choice.

Favorite Features

Adjustable cup holders. Separate plugin for cell phone. Radio, CD and cassette design excellent. Love rear windshield wiper.

Suggested Improvements

Rear door extremely heavy for senior citizen to open. Honda CRV has automated hatchback. Improve driver seat comfort. Improve head reast adjustment.

So Far So good
By miapoet

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I researched extensively before going to test drive Escapes, Liberty's & the RAV4. Right after driving the RAV4, I bought it. The heck with the others! I think the engine is peppy enough & the gas mileage is comparable to the Ford Focus I traded. It rides good and looks stylish, sporty and cute. I now have a lot more room and the first day I made sure it could cross the creek to my favorite campsite! No problem!

Favorite Features

Sitting up high, moonroof, spacious interior with lots of places to put my stuff, handles great, gas mileage is awesome, rear seats that can be removed for more camping stuff & fishing poles.

Suggested Improvements

Keyless entry should come with power package, speedometer in 10 mph increments rather than 20 (always have to double check my speed), and a way to lock rear door after unloading cargo.

Excellent all around-Love it
By Sherrie

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This Suv is so much fun to drive,it steers and controls so easy.I am under 5 feet tall and can see out of the window without a cushion.It is so reliable.Looks good,very good on gas ,and a good price compared to most Suvs.

Favorite Features

I like the easy way it drives,The gas milage it gets and the way the back door opens out.It makes it so easy to put items(groceries)in,and to take them out.Also has a nice size truck,it holds more than it looks like it would.I also like the drink holder, that will fit to your beverage.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe have a sixth seating,for passengers.I'm happy with it all around/

I love my RAVioli
By Kate W.

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my RAVioli because I knew it would be quality. It corners very well, and I take them all fast. Never had any problems with it. I had one rattle from the roof rack, but that was because I didn't tighten the screw all the way. You know, the idiots who don't rate this well probably don't take care of it, or maybe the RAV was put together in the USA, because they sometimes do a half-*ssed job of building things. Or they just had bad luck. But don't take it out on the car, it is probably your fault in the first place. :)

Favorite Features

Color:Vintage gold is so cool.

Suggested Improvements

Like everyone else has been saying, a 6 cylinder would be nice. But please don't do it, because I don't want to have to buy another RAVioli. I like mine.

rav4 gal
By movie

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I waited years to finally get this SUV and i did and i love it. It got me thru horrible winters this years. I just love this fun car. I will probably get another rav4 when i am done making the payments on this one. I really love it.

Favorite Features

Big inside compared to the older models of the RAV4s. CD player is great. I just love this vechile

Suggested Improvements

The only complaint I have with this is there is no pickup. Its a 4 cyclinder. So when I am driving at 60 its feels like 40. I could press the pedal all the way to the floor and get nothing. Next time I am going to check if the RAV4 comes in a 6 cyclinder.