First owned car!
By Evan "Rudy" on
2001 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
We bought our silver, 5-speed, L series beauty-of-a-car on Mother's Day of this year. So far we ABSOLUTLY love it! We got it with 70,311 miles and it drives like brand new! and it has 73,423 miles (as of 7/20/05) now. We haven't actually tried the AWD the way it was built yet, but some friends of ours that have one says that "it drives as if there weren't any snow" do I'm anxious to try it out! I've notice a hair-line crack where the plastic aluminum on the driver's door handle is. The sound is --okay. Over all I'd give the car... well let's just say that I'm gonna be buying another one someday! :) It's a BIG step up from 2000's model, it looks sexy!
Favorite Features
Incredible power for it's engine! Love the 5-speed! VERY comfortable, almost like a Lexus!! NO RATTLING! WONDERFUL how quick the brakes respond!
Suggested Improvements
The sound is defintally not a Bose system or Harmon Kardon, maybe the door handles could have been enforced with something a little stronger. Maybe use actual aluminum or something that looks more like aluminum...