Good Machine
By nolanm on
2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
The transmission is quick to kick down to a lower gear and hold the rpms high when I need it to. When I'm driving easy it drives easy as well and gives me soft buttery shifts at low rpm. It also has an engine braking feature that automatically downshifts if it senses I am dragging the brakes on a long grade. You couldn't ask for a better automatic. Handling is soft which I prefer, but it also has great feel at the limit, if a turn is taken too fast it behaves predictably and its easy to regain control. I love the interior, it's minimalist by design, very classy. Too bad other's deride it for lacking more chrome rings and ugly doodads.
Favorite Features
Torquey 2.4 engine. Smart 5 speed automatic. Remote start. Clean good looking style, people always think it's the current year model.
Suggested Improvements
Although it's normal to burn oil, it turns most owners against the car. My previous car had 350k miles and used about 1/3 quart between changes. This Camry uses a full quart. It's OK with me because I will top it off. Other's will not top it off and this will cause early death of many of these cars.