Used 2009 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

2009 Toyota Camry
By meeka

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I like the car...it is definitely a lot quieter than my old car but, I have the worst time parking it...I am 5' tall and just realized that there is no center marking on the hood of the car so the driver could judge when the car is straight into the parking spot. Unless the driver can see over the hood to the front of the car, there is no way to judge. (I have the seat all the way up as high as it can go) I was also a bit disappointed with the finish of the car and the gas mileage...I am getting 22 mpg...less than with my old car...don't know why...Anyway..I do like it and would recommend it to someone else...a taller person maybe....

Favorite Features

Quiet drive (which I believe is what is selling this car), Nice interior, Very roomy inside and in the trunk area

Suggested Improvements

Some sort of hood marker, Better mileage, Improved body paint. Don't think this body paint will last long.

Tires are of poor quality
By Lynn

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our Camry's tires needed replacing at 20,000 miles. So disappointed. Hard to see while backing up.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride. Love the design. Love the gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Better tires.

Outstanding Camry SE
By JKC

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car with the Cash for Clunker rebate... plus I got 5000.00 off MSRP... total saving was $9500... what a deal - 16300 + tax and title. So Happy! What a great car... ride so smooth... lots of power for a 4 cly.

Favorite Features

JBL and bluetooth

Back & Leg Pains after Driving for 2 days
By HLH

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife just bought a 2009 Camry LE with lumbar support - but after 2 days of driving to and from work she is experiencing back and leg pains. She never had this problem with the lumbar support in the 2008 Sienna LE.

Favorite Features

We bought this for the improved miles per gallon. Enough room in the rear to accommodate 2 child car seats.

Suggested Improvements

Definitely rethink the lumbar support - doesn't seem to be positioned properly.

Transmission Problems
By First Camry

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This was my first new toyota purchase. After a lot of consumer report reviews, 2009 Camry was my first choice. This is an excellent, comfortable car to drive. But, we are having troubles with the downshifting on the auto transmission. This transmission can go into a "gear hunt" looking for a gear to drop into when downshifting. Also can drop into a lower gear without cause so the car will nose dive. Camry's had transmission troubles in the past... they could be back for 2009.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride, plenty of leg room for tall drives. Large lined trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Use of a little less cheap plastic on the interior. Side door moldings should be standard on all models.