What happened Toyota?
By kueker87 on
2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I had a 93 Camry and put over 250,000 miles on it. Loved it... So I upgraded to the new Camry expecting the same sort of reliability and quality, which I still expect to get, but the car does have a weird shuddering problem around speeds of 40-55 mph, especially going up hills. I took this to my dealership (very friendly) and they told me that is just what happens when you're trying to push a car up a hill at 1200-1500 rpm's at 40-55 mph, the engine has to "shake" a little to get up... The remedy is to drive in GEAR 4 when you're town driving - Drive in D on interstate. I haven't had an issue with the shuddering since. Toyota should still try and locate the problem and issue a recall.
Favorite Features
The design - Toyota's known for dependability and quality, should help resale value in future. Love the inside features... everything seems quality from the inside and oustide. Very nice car.
Suggested Improvements
The shuddering problem. Stop ignoring the complaints and please do something about it. That is not normal, and I don't like being told that it is. The compartment below the CD Player is seemingly useless... with my GPS plugged in, I can not use it for anything. Nonetheless, I'll always buy Toyota.