Used 2007 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Disappointed with throttle response
By dbb

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Camry in January 2007. It now has 4200 miles. I like everything about it except low speed throttle response. From dead stop and cruising above 40 mph it is ok, but slowing down to 10-20 mph and needing sudden burst of acceleration to merge into hole in traffic, nothing happens for what seems like seconds when I put gas pedal down to floor. I become a traffic hazard. My wife's 1999 Toyota Sienna has always had consistant and powerful throttle response at any speed and situation, I want the same in this new car.

Favorite Features

Quality, quiet ride, comfortable seats, lots of room, large trunk. 30 mpg summer, 25 mpg winter. Easy to read gauges and controls. Good outward visibility. Exterior styling. Very simple and easy to service anything under the hood. Very stout structure and lots of airbags. Secure handling and brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Replace electronic throttle control with cable throttle control. I want throttle response as good and consistant as my 1999 Toyota Sienna.

Camry '07 - not what I expected
By disappointed

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my third Toyota, and my last one. I'm disappointed seeing that every time this car consumes more gasoline. I've been measuring the miles/gallon since I purchased it, and it never goes higher than 23 mpg in a mix of city and mostly highway. Also, it hesitates when I press the gas, and 3 seconds later it accelerates with a jump! It doesn't feel safe!

Favorite Features

Roomy inside, nice exterior look, quiet.

Suggested Improvements

Acceleration problem should be fixed. Change gears on its own - and try to make it really gas efficient.

Love It - But I Knew What I Was Buying
By Bob

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have seen reviews for this car all over the map. In my case, I had low expectations going in and find myself loving the car more each time I drive it. I have the 4-cyl auto sport. I would not have passed up the 6-cyl if I could have found one, but the 4-cyl is more than adequate. The SE package gives it a tight, fun ride that I did not expect and looks that separate it from the standard style you see everywhere else. Fit and finish are exquisite, the interior is extremely well designed, looks good, fun to drive. What else do you need? You're really not compromising anything here in my opinion. It's a Camry, not a BMW. Remember that, test drive it, and judge for yourself.

Favorite Features

Fantastic amenities and high-quality interior design. Love the bluetooth package. SE package is great, much more fun than the "squishy" standard suspension. Love the total package.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing that I have found yet. If you want a true performance sedan, look elsewhere. If you want the whole package with a touch of fun, this car works out just fine. :)

Sports Car Driver? This is for you!
By Sport 5M

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Okay - if you want a true sports suspension with Volvo, BMW, Saab-like Euro styling and you insist on five star safety features, then go get the completely redesigned Camry SE w/ 5 speed manual trans. This car is more fun to drive than I could have imagined - quick, nimble, amazing handling, good solid power for a four cylinder that you control with the 5m... truly fantastic gas mileage. You will love it but you need to be the type of sports car enthusiasist who loves the control of a 5 speed stick. I was set on a Civic Si or maybe Accord before coming across the 2007 Camry SE... my very good luck I did. Racing bike fits in trunk!

Favorite Features

Euro styling, Titanium Silver, sports suspension and performance of this 5 speed manual (it is fast!), charcoal cloth sports seats, power driver's seat, avg 28 MPG, Toyota quality is tops. Amazing value..

Suggested Improvements

Passenger's side power seat.

Pleasantly surprised
By carl

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ordered the LE V6 Feb. 15th and delivery was April 15th. Read a lot of negative reviews so I wasn’t sure what I was getting! Very sharp appearance and the drive is excellent! The 6 speed will take getting used to but is very sure and smooth once you are used to it. Gas mileage now is in the high 20s and that should improve with time. The handling is a little too soft in some situations but is very sure on good roads. Sound system is excellent and interior was adequate but the room is awesome! Would buy it again and recommend it.

Favorite Features

Powerful 268 hp engine and soft ride, but most of all the looks!

Suggested Improvements

Interior colors should be more aggressive instead of tan and slate gray!