Used 2007 Toyota Camry SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Nice look - No power
By Alex

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car over all. I have 4 cyl with manual transmission - lack of power but great fuel economy.

Cool body kit, nice stereo system.

Needs to lose a lot of plasic inside.

Not what I expected from Toyota
By WJROCK07

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2007 Camry because of the looks of the redesigned model and because of the "legendary" Toyota quality and reliability. As of today, I am a bit disappointed in the build quality of the car. First of all, the interior has way too many cheap plastic parts (like the cheap plastic center piece that houses the clock.) Second, during this past winter, an annoying dashboard rattle has developed in two places.(by the right speaker & behind the instrument panel). Also, Toyota has continued to make the Camry larger, but has failed to increase the horsepower of the 4 cylinder. Therefore, more RPMs are needed to accelerate which kills my fuel economy.

Looks of the SE are great.

Do away with the cheap plastic center piece that houses the clock, passenger airbag light, & passenger seatbelt reminders. Also redesign the dashboard so it does not rattle. Lastly, make a 6 speed manual available with the V6. If these are done Toyota will have a great car.

Pretty car but runs lousy..
By Driving me NUTZ

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was so excited when I bought this car. My mom swears by her Toyota & I have always heard great things. This car has caused me nothing but worries. The transmission is horrible, it shifts/revs horribly at the wrong times, it putters when it hits 1 1/2 rpms while coasting unless you rev it or hit the breaks, if you try to start the car in really cold weather it makes a horrible grinding noise, the dash rattles ALL the time, when I try to accelerate getting on the freeway it doesnt move & scares me and when it does move it revs even after take your foot from the gas. I took the car in once for several of these issues & was told it was fixed & could not find other issue. Going back Monday!

LOVE the look of this car! It has a great amount of room and the JBL stero is nice.

Seems the drivetrain and or transmission has issues

Unimpressed
By C.M

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought car for toyota reliability. (Not real impressed). Nice looking car and good gas mileage. decent power for a 4 cylinder, but a dangerous hesitating transmission that toyota does not seem to want acknowledge or fix. Nice gauges but the blue lights around the radio are way too bright at night for me. I ended up trading for a Nissan Altima which I like much better so far as of 10,000 miles.

Nice ride

Transmission hesitation

Decent Car
By Jennifer

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy my car. It's not a luxury car by any means but it is definitely better than any of Toyota's other models. It drives really smooth, but I have a 4 cylinder so it lacks power. Nevertheless, it is still a cool car for a college kid. I love the exterior, but the interior is nothing to brag about. Its quite simple, which is fine with me. The gas mileage is not what its cracked up to be. The corolla is the best toyota car when it comes to gas per mileage.

Body.

Stereo, interior design, and gas mileage.