Used 2005 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 327 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great Car
By AH

2005 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Almost bought the 6-cylinder but, opted for the four. Fantastic gas mileage! Packed the car for a weeks trip and it was loaded...no problem going up the hills to the mountains! With gas prices the way they are we felt we couldn't go wrong with the Camry. The trunk is spacious and held lots of cargo. Very happy with our purchase.

Toyota reliability, re-sale value, great gas mileage, spacious front & rear seats (I'm 5'10" & my husband is 6'5" and we have tons of room!)

A little more thigh support for front seats and rear seats that fold flat.

I LOVE "MY CAR"
By Rhonda Champagne

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We recently traded in my Grand Am, looking for something more fuel efficient. We had looked at several other cars and read up on each of them, and the Camry caught my attention and kept it! I love the design of this car, it has a classy look and a smooth quiet ride. Not only did we get a nice looking car we got the fuel efficiency we were looking for. I also wanted plenty of room and comfort and the Camry came through on that as well. I love the controls right there at my fingertips,and the in dash lighting makes everything clear to see. The Camry sits high enough to where it's easy to get in and out of (not too low). We've recommended this car to everyone!

driver lumbar seat, stereo controls on steering wheel, the extra compartments, keyless entry, the extra room, headrest on back seats, smooth/quiet ride,

passenger seat needs lumbar support too.

Acceleration Concern!
By Kerry

2005 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have always owned Toyotas. 76 celica 350,000, 87 Camry, and a 89 I still have at 287,000! I love my Camry. The 2005 is the first Camry in a long time I REALLY LIKE! Especially with the New Ground Effects! Makes it look so sporty! Good power too!

Looks really improved especially the Ground Effects, and the improve power in the engine! Has given the Camry a much sportier look!

They do have a BIG problem through with the hesitation of the engine as far as when you come to a stop, and then step on the Gas it DOES HESITATE! I was told it a comunication thing between the Engine & Tranmission! NOT GOOD! I was thinking the hesitation was just me! Now I see lots of others too!

Almost Perfect
By Howard Pedigo

2005 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Flawless engine & transmission performance. Plenty of power without sacrificing fuel economy,recent 800 mile trip= 27.6 mpg (actual miles divided by gallons, trip computer showed 28.3). Minimal wind/road noise. Outstanding driving position & visibility.Spacious and comfortable interior of high quality materials & workmanship. Flexible folding rear seats. Spacious trunk with full-size spare. Downside: p/steering is overboosted, tilt wheel has too little movement to be called a tilt wheel. Power window & door controls are not lighted at night.

Quite, powerful, efficient engine. Smooth 5 spd auto transmission. Bright, clear instruments with no glare/reflections in w/shield. Comfortable leather seating for extended trips. Traction & Vehicle Stability Control, side & rear curtain airbags. Automatic passenger airbag activation. Rear sunshade.

Tilt wheel needs more travel. Door/window control buttons should be lighted at night. Like I said "Almost Perfect"

Best Luxury Car from Toyota
By Jane

2005 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I will highly recommend this car as it is fun to drive, powerful, and very reliable. I will personally rate it 4.8/5. Whoever plans to buy this 2005 model will see that his/her money has not gone in waste.

Luxury, Comfort, Smooth Ride, power and response and shape