Used 2004 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

$17,288=mini-lexus&32 mpg.
By abchanf

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned three Toyotas, one of which was a Camry bought new in 1991. All three were driven well over 130,000 miles.All three provided unbelievable comfort, reliability and fuel mileage.The 91 Camry was sold at 201,000 miles with the ONLY repairs to original parts being both front struts after 170,000!! Our 2004 Camry LE 4cyl. has just 5,000 miles on it, but it has no rattles, appears to be even better made, is averaging over 30 mpg. in mixed driving and rides as well or better than previous Lexus, Infinity and Cadillac luxury cars I've driven. And the build quality, quietness, interior space and cargo area either match or exceed them as well.

Eight-way power adjustable seat, combination radio/cassette/CD player,engine-auto transmission quietness, fuel economy and real interior space for 5 adults.

16" wheels should be standard on LE. Would like door lights on interior of all 4 doors like Honda Accord has done for years.

Camry
By Georgia

First Toyota I ever had. Very Impressed with the vehicle. Top notch

How Noise free the vehicle is and the comfort

None

Taken from Ford
By Happy Buyer #1

2004 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The car has a very nice ride solid feel, roomie, and alot of comfort inside. And the full economy the best. Power is very good for a 4 cyl. I'll never buy a ford agian. The thing is the car has only 1,200 Mil. on it at this time. The Dealer was helpful as was the salesman. We had been to the ford dealer around the corner, to find that they added 10,000.00 to the MSRP of a Ranger. So I went to Precision and pick up a Camry and a Tacoma. 40,000.00 latter I see why Ford is #3 in the world they need to be #4 or 5.

Full, Ride, Comfort, JBL sound, Moonroof etc.

Side end curtain air bags as a standerd would make this car sale even better.

Toyota Camry XLE 4 cyl
By Skip B.

2004 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had the car for three weeks but so far I love it. The XLE has important standard features including ABS, larger 16 inch wheels and power seats, along with lots of other features too many to mention. The car is comfortable, roomy, quiet, and it rides and handles like a dream. Toyota knew what it was doing when it built this car. So far I've only driven it 200 miles in city driving so I haven't been able to gauge the fuel economy.

Quiet ride, great 4 cyl. engine, roominess, great handling, and reported reliability. As an added safety option I got side curtain airbags.

Availability of a telescoping steering wheel

My Company Car
By GDT

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I received my LE as a company provided car. I had always driven domestic or Hondas prior to that. I was quite surprised to find the Toyota was as good as anything I had owned before. Frankly, I hadn't ever given Toyota a 2nd thought when making my purchases...that will all change now. The 4 cyl is a little weak at times, but over all acceptable in most situations. Fit and finish is excellent, however I do agree with a previous posting that the rear bumper is prone to scratching easily if accidently bumped with a bag or suitcase. Don't make the same mistake that I did. Give this car a close look when making your next car purchase.

Excellent gas mileage. Base audio system is great, even impresses my 16yo twin sons!!

Would like to see ABS standard on the entire model line just as the Accords do.