Used 2003 Toyota Camry SE V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

My car, totaled, but I walked away
By Charles Finley

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First, the Camry is very comfortable and very reliable. Other than the regular maintenance, I have never had to have anything fixed. I was just in a major car accident, the Camry saved my life! A minivan pulled out in front of me, I didn't even have time to go for the brakes. BAHM! 60 mph! The car did exactly what it was built to do, all of the airbags deployed, The engine compartment collapsed and the engine dropped down. The passenger compartment was undamaged. I walked away with only a small cut on my finger and some heavy bruises from the seatbelt! The Camry is totaled, but I'm okay!

Toyotas win my vote all day long.
By colin

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Hi I have owned volvos s80s 2001 2000.I have owned many cars in my time sedans and sports cars .my experience with Toyota cars are the best .from Hondas expensive to fix.expensive to buy .volvos poor reliability.Mercedes way overated.Pontiac clumsy and poor feel to the roads .uninvolving.to BMW very old fashion and drive heavy and noisy.lousy gas consumption to hugely expensive repair .rear shocks on a Mercedes 500 2003 sedan 600each example .Volkswagen very noisy and overheating pure build quality.step below the Mercedes Nissan very cheaply made and overrated .my 350z had more rattles in it than a rattlesnake.it never idled correctly.Subaru sti had worst high speed feel to it felt. Unsafe n brakes were horrible.Subaru's feel like tin cans .mazdas worst of al cars .if any makes match longivity of a Toyota car is a Chevy .ford .but fix it again tomorrow..Camry v6 excellent car even at 176k miles .gets fab gas mileage 30mpg for a big car b v6 power.not very fast but acceptable.roomy.very clear instrument panels.I hav a 2003 Camry v6 black..paint still shines .cheap repairs .easy fix maintenance.one exception the timing belt and water pump every 90k.miles .Toyota are your best bet. Resale value .longivity.easy drive .comfortable seating roomy.Avalon Camry corolla your best buys .celicas mr 2.supra risky buys with head gasket problems and faulty instruments.Toyota make best cars but not sporty not fast not stylish can be boring to drive .but it beats a car in the shop all the time a car falling apart but looks good. A car that costs you an arm and leg to keep.a car that's super fast but the gas station is your daily stop with 93octane .iv had all the cars .Toyota's win my vote ..

Performance and comfort
By herb joerger

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Camry is a comfortable vehicle to drive. My wife is short but likes to drive it and has no concern about its performance or maintenance. I also use this car on various occasions and find it is comfortable. It handles well in all driving circumstances and is a reliable vehicle.

I like the large trunk, the comfortable seats and the turning radius of this vehicle. It is an easy car to clean and service.

Visibility through the rear window could be improved.The location of some of the instrument arrangements could be in a cluster.

Better than an Avalon or Lexus
By Bob

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 55,000 miles I am still impressed. Tested Avalon and Lexus and just not worth the money compared to the XLE V6. Get about 30 MPG routine driving, still surprised at comfortable ride and quietness. JBL sound system still works excellently, as does everything. The layout of the dash, consoles, etc. is much better than the Avalon or the Lexus. Have not had to replace or repair anything. The leather shows almost no wear compared to other cars I have had with leather. Doesn't get any better than this.

JBL sound, economy, quality, leather, dependability, ride, comfort, interior layout, sunroof.

Audio controls on the steering wheel.

Pleasant, comfortable & reliable
By Dick

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I got into the car at the dealership and it was the most comfortable of all the cars I was considering. Performance was fine and the car has been reliable requiring only regular maintainance except for a battery replacement. It has been a car that is easy to use in city and great on the road usually delivering 30-32 miles per gallon country and 17 -19 city.

Front seats, good sized trunk, smooth and responsive performance, Quality of the car seems exceptional.

Reduce the road noise.