2002 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
almost perfect
By thunter on 03/06/02 01:51 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove a Camry LE, 4 cyl. automatic and a Camry SE V6 automatic. I fell in love with the Camry LE, 4 cyl. and purchased it in early February. It has plenty of power to merge on to freeways here and more than enough oomph to manuvere around traffic so I felt the V6 didn't add that much to the performance. I also preferred the Camry LE's traditionally tasteful interior to the SE's more metallic tones. So far, it's been almost perfect.

2002 Camry SE V6
By Rory on 03/04/02 18:42 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to drive sports sedan that can haul the family. Roomy interior and a classy exterior design that is appealing to the eye. I did experience sudden jerking 40-50 MPH while in 4th gear overdrive when you let off the gas. I upgraded the fuel from 87 to 93 octane (91 or higher recommended) and the problem seems to be resolving itself, but not yet resolved. Dealer could not identify the problem. Is it just my CAMRY that is doing this? Overall, we like the car. Rory

???????????
By Blob on 03/02/02 17:11 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have ever owned it is so awsome ours is top notch it is an XLE V6 and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a value
By James Bates on 03/01/02 16:17 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just traded in my 1999 XLE for the 2002 XLE, but this tiem upgraded to the V6. I ahve to say that the 2002 is night and day from the 1999. While the 1999 XLE is a great car, the redesign of the 2002 and the added features are tremendous. I actually paid less for this one than my 1999. I am very excited about having this auto.

Like a Rock
By scooter262 on 03/01/02 10:16 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love it so far; very quiet and comfortable ride, and I have no doubt it will be reliable given my past experience with Toyotas.

GREAT CAR! Toyota did GREAT!
By lynchmob557 on 02/28/02 16:55 PM (PST)

perfect

Former Nissan Fan
By allriedge on 02/27/02 20:54 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in my 1999 for a 2002 Camry. I initially had my heart set on a 2002 Nissan Altima until I test drove a 2002 Toyota Camry SE V6. The newly designed exterior of the Altima is sharp. Altima's drawback: noisy ride. The Camry's quiet (shhhhh) ride, roomy cabin and interior fit and finish left the Altima in the dust. That, added to the car's solid feel, handling and excellent reliability made the Camry an easy choice. I know I would have had regrets if I had purchased the Altima.

Uncomfortable Front Seats
By jonemick on 02/26/02 16:03 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm wondering if anyone else has a problem with there front seats being uncomfortable. The seam in the middle of the back has a wire behind it, it's like leaning back with a 1 inch rope behind your back. It's very uncomfortable !

low cost E 320
By mayur on 02/26/02 02:14 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Our third camry V6 XLE, A huge improvement over the 1992 model. The navigation system is great. Gentle ride to the point where you don't feel like you want to race this car. Roomy interior.

Sulfer Smell
By first time owner on 02/10/02 19:28 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a V6 2002 Camry LE. Every now and again I get this really bad sulfer smell. Has anyone else had this problem? I have taken it back several times but they can't seem to find anything wrong. If anyone has any information, please e-mail me at jstinfo@aol.com. Other than that and a rear defroster that works slooow.. the car rides great.