Used 2002 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

I would not buy it again
By jim smith1234

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife to drive. She and my 2 kids really like it. Whenever I drive it on weekends and trips I cannot help but notice the poor handling and poor braking. This car handles like a buick. The car leans on almost turn. The brakes are very soft. You foot almost goes down to the floor when stopping. Also the driver side door handle broke off the first week we had the car and we had to wait three weeks before they could get the part in. The automatic drivers seat also slides during driving.

Plenty of interior room. The rear seats fold down to give you extra storage space.

Improve build quality. The brakes really need to be fixed so that your foot does not almost go to the floor every time you stop.

A little worried
By rock

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Good looking, lots of extras, fun to drive and really good acceleration. Great stereo system and wonderful navigation system. Had to replace the transmission at 40000. It still jerks between 45-50mph.

I will never buy another car without a nav system. Its just too convenient.

To pay that much money for a vehicle is justification for a smoother shifting transmission

Sold it and will not buy again
By Joe Lucian

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Owned it, bought it to the Toyota - biult the best. I will not buy another. I have owned a few Toyota over the years and none has even been better then any of my Dometic brand car owned. I gave this car away and bought a Subaru and it has been 1000's time better then this Toyota. The power and fit of the Subaru.

it holds it value - worth nothing sale it for nothing

Stop the ad's to trade up and start building better vehecle and less advertising

Rattles
By lna

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Awful dashboard rattles that the dealers have been unable to repair. Everything else is great bu this one issue would keep me from getting another one.

Better QC at the factory and better training for the techs.

So Unhappy
By Toyotas Bad

2002 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my new 2002 Camry for less than two years. The right dash has squeaked and creaked since day 1. My air conditioning had to be replaced. My radiator (!!) had to be replaced. My oil pan had to be replaced. My charcoal cannister had to be replaced. I have never - EVER - had such a terrible experience with a car. I just purchased a Subaru Forester, and will stick with Subarus from now on.

Comfort.

Fix the creaky dash. That seems to be a theme in these cars. Fix the charcoal cannisters and radiators so they don't break after 1.5 years.