Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry-solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

2005 Solara V6 Coupe
By Joby Randrup

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had absolutely no issues with my Solara at all. There are no rattles regarding interior components or moldings, the fit of both interior and exterior panels are perfect. I can drive it conservatively and get 27 to 28 miles to the gallon with 91 octane fuel. Even if I decide to push it a bit harder, I can still get 25 to 26 miles per gallon. I have gotten many positive comments regarding the exterior styling of the vehicle. I had this Solara built so have all of the sporty upgrades but none of the fluffy upgrades (I didn't need a mirror that told me which direction I was going). The tuning upgrades have not affected the comfort of the ride as far as I can tell. I researched vehicles for 1 year before I bought, looking at Volvos, Mustangs, Hondas, everything that compared. This vehicle is the best hands down. I love this car!!

Favorite Features

I love the suspension and drivetrain the most. I have the 3.3 liter V6 which has enough power to live as exiting a driving life as most feel comfortable with. My wife constantly comments that my car can "go so much faster around corners" than hers. The suspension is definitely a plus!

LOVE this car :)
By me_lisa_m

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I waited for years to invest in a convertible, and fell in love with this one. I waited until the color I wanted became available (I bought used) and I found one, couldn't be happier. I highly recommend the navigational system (nicer than my husband's $55k Denali). The car is the best I have ever purchased. Highly recommend!

Favorite Features

All.

Suggested Improvements

Blind spots when top up, but you get used to them.

Sleek & Sexy Solara
By Trae1204

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Toyota, and I DO love it! I must say, it wasn't my first choice, but after driving it, and really looking at it, I fell in love. (And it does resemble a Lexus.) I too, get constant looks and remarks from strangers about "what a sharp looking car that is!" It's awesome on gas, I feel safe, and it's reliable. (I'm a sales rep, so this is all SOOO important.) Only complaints I have are similar to others-not so quick when accelerating, rain drips off doors when you open them, car is long in front so it's difficult to judge distance parking etc, and I have a major problem with glare off dash onto windshield when driving in sun. Other than that, I'm addicted!! (Want the convert!)

Favorite Features

Body style, nice leather, FREEZING A/C, stereo/CD good, quiet, gas mileage, HUGE trunk, Lots of legroom up front, cabin room, overall look of car (especially with headlights/foglights on!), and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Could have better acceleration, Rain drip problem, limited sight (blind spots) from driver's seat, glare off dash on windshield.

I'm going back for another this fall!
By badassjen

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This has been by far, the most reliable car I have ever owned. As an avid convertible fan, this being my fourth, I find the top up ride to be quite noiseless. You don't hear the wind noise, and no rattling. When the top is down, it is a head-turner. I was surprised that I am constantly stopped by people in parking lots or even at traffic lights so they can tell me how gorgeous my car is and ask me how I like it. As for the reliability, I have only had to have regular oil changes. I haven't had a single issue. The interior is gorgeous and flawless. The leather is great quality and the stereo system surpasses that of comparable cars. Overall, a great purchase!

Favorite Features

Speed, style and luxury in a very affordable convertible!

GREAT CAR!
By Twink25

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best I've owned so far, drive quality and overall fit and finish is superb. The 4cyl. has plenty of zip and I especially like the smooth, quiet ride, it's far better than other sport-coupes I've owned and with much more space. Only thing I don't like is the air-conditioning, it doesn't seem to get very cold. I've taken it to the dealer to get it looked at and it checks out, it just doesn't run as well as other vehicles I've had. Otherwise, everything runs perfect. If you want a Lexus-quality car w/ a moderate price-tag, this is it!

Favorite Features

Sleek look, quiet and smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Interior headroom, needs colder A/C!