Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Perfect in Every Way
By Clemson JVB

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought my '05 SLE convertible and it is the best car I've ever driven. I needed a convertible with a fairly large trunk that was reliable. I looked at Saabs, Hondas, etc., and the Solara performed miles better than the rest. The trunk is HUGE! I shopped at Sam's Club this weekend and everything fit neatly in the trunk. So, I put the top down and cruised happily home. Love it!

Ride comfort, size of trunk space, ease of putting the top down, reliability - after all, it's a Toyota.

The rear headrests cause a blind spot but I've gotten used to using the side mirrors to navigate. It's really not a problem.

Awesome to own!!!
By RCV

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is the most practical and enjoyable vehicle I have ever seen and enjoyed. Solid Toyota performance, large truck space, and supior interior design makes this the convertible to own. Plus, you can have a party in the car unlike many two seaters. The front wheel drive traction control makes it a practical year-round car in the snow belt. -Drives better that your best SUVs on icy roads!

Convertible top! Leather interior with heated seating and the dashboard design.

Make the V6 a manual for the ultimate driving experience!

2005 Solara V6 Coupe
By Joby Randrup

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had absolutely no issues with my Solara at all. There are no rattles regarding interior components or moldings, the fit of both interior and exterior panels are perfect. I can drive it conservatively and get 27 to 28 miles to the gallon with 91 octane fuel. Even if I decide to push it a bit harder, I can still get 25 to 26 miles per gallon. I have gotten many positive comments regarding the exterior styling of the vehicle. I had this Solara built so have all of the sporty upgrades but none of the fluffy upgrades (I didn't need a mirror that told me which direction I was going). The tuning upgrades have not affected the comfort of the ride as far as I can tell. I researched vehicles for 1 year before I bought, looking at Volvos, Mustangs, Hondas, everything that compared. This vehicle is the best hands down. I love this car!!

I love the suspension and drivetrain the most. I have the 3.3 liter V6 which has enough power to live as exiting a driving life as most feel comfortable with. My wife constantly comments that my car can "go so much faster around corners" than hers. The suspension is definitely a plus!

LOVE this car :)
By me_lisa_m

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I waited for years to invest in a convertible, and fell in love with this one. I waited until the color I wanted became available (I bought used) and I found one, couldn't be happier. I highly recommend the navigational system (nicer than my husband's $55k Denali). The car is the best I have ever purchased. Highly recommend!

All.

Blind spots when top up, but you get used to them.

Sleek & Sexy Solara
By Trae1204

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Toyota, and I DO love it! I must say, it wasn't my first choice, but after driving it, and really looking at it, I fell in love. (And it does resemble a Lexus.) I too, get constant looks and remarks from strangers about "what a sharp looking car that is!" It's awesome on gas, I feel safe, and it's reliable. (I'm a sales rep, so this is all SOOO important.) Only complaints I have are similar to others-not so quick when accelerating, rain drips off doors when you open them, car is long in front so it's difficult to judge distance parking etc, and I have a major problem with glare off dash onto windshield when driving in sun. Other than that, I'm addicted!! (Want the convert!)

Body style, nice leather, FREEZING A/C, stereo/CD good, quiet, gas mileage, HUGE trunk, Lots of legroom up front, cabin room, overall look of car (especially with headlights/foglights on!), and reliability.

Could have better acceleration, Rain drip problem, limited sight (blind spots) from driver's seat, glare off dash on windshield.

• SUV