2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Loss of engine oil
By Joe on 03/02/09 09:38 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Same thing happened to my Avalon . No light no warning. Dealer said just made it in before the engine went. Happened to our friend with the same car. Do not understand why Toyota has not done a recall if this is happening with a lot of Avalon's. Took almost three weeks for parts to come in. But the gave us a loner car. Love the car this is our first Avalon and will not be our last.

Loss of engine oil with no warning light
By Angry owner on 01/05/09 19:51 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my car almost 3 yrs ago, everything was great until it reached 33000 miles; suddenly the engine produced loud noise, it was a complete loss of engine oil with no warning light in the dashboard. The dealer was very familiar with the problem before I even spoke. He asked me if it was the loss of engine oil. I would like Toyota to look into this problem. Otherwise the car is great and I love it.

Love this car!
By Patti on 12/09/08 08:30 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2006 Avalon because I had a 98 Avalon and loved it so much I didn't want to get a new one - but my husband wanted to get me a new car, so we got another Avalon. On relatively flat, freeway driving we get 33 - 35 mpg, much more than I thought we would get. We are very pleased with our car. I love the heated seats in the winter!

Great car for the money
By happy owner on 08/28/08 13:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded an '01 Cadillac DTS for my first for my first foreign car (built in Kentucky!) and have been very happy. Excellent performance, 0 to 60 in under 7 sec,and averaging 29 mpg on highway on regular. Just returned from a 4000 mile trip and got 35 mpg on a 55 mph strip. That's as good as my daughter got on her '95 Civic coupe. The Caddy got 15 in town and only 24 max on the road. The Avalon has much better acceleration too. I also expect to get much better resale value than the Caddy.

Great car, terrible navigation system
By micdon on 07/24/08 16:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had no problems with vehicle maintenance, the reliability has been very good. Average fuel mileage (regular gas) 27 mpg, the ride is comfortable with in-seat heat/cooling. Overall the vehicle has been great. The navigation system is a loser, very difficult to program and gives erroneous directions in congested areas. Save the $1900 and purchase a reliable portable GPS at a fraction of the price.

Expensive Repairs
By David Brandt on 07/22/08 20:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Avalon two years ago. On the whole, I do like it, but I am not impressed with little things that break, or more to the point, my dealership's response to it. Ever since I bought it, the lever that controls the steering column keeps slipping out of place and steering wheel gives way. Just now, after two years of ownership, the lock assembly on the trunk broke. Because my warranty is on 3/36, I have to pay $450 to have a lock fixed. If Toyota quality is so great, why doesn't the company stand behind its product with a more substantial warranty? Also, why should such a small problem cost so much to fix. A two year old car should not be having these problems. I am not impressed.

An excellent car needs some improvements
By Raymond Warren on 06/19/08 00:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I like the stye, driving and riding comfort. The roof trim over the doors pops when using an automatic car wash. The navigation system is difficult to program and operate and is signficantly overpriced for the performance obtained. I will buy another Toyota Avalon Limited, but without the navigation system, unless it is redisigned to make it more user friendly.

Avalon Limited
By c5 on 06/08/08 11:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Quiet and smooth. Good power and great mileage. I averaged 32.5 on a 1600 mile trip according to the computer. Dislike having to stop to program memory seats and navigation. Overall the navigation system is not user friendly. I always take my Garmin and it gives me much more information and quicker. I still like the car.

Great car
By Satisfied Owner on 05/30/08 15:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is hard to identify my favorite feature on this car. Love the smart key/keyless entry/remote start, the heated seats, the spacious back seating that amazes passengers. The in-town gas mileage is a little low (about 18) compared to 30 freeway. Only problem I have had is a strip that comes loose from the roof top on the passenger side of the car when I go through a car wash. The only service work done has been oil changes. The car runs great. My previous car was a much-enjoyed 1999 Dodge Intrepid. In choosing this car, it was a decision between a similar cost/similar featured Mercedes. No regrets on choosing the Avalon over the Mercedes.

Avalons Rule
By Cody on 05/12/08 08:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded from a MB E-class. Every bit as comfortable and has been rock solid. Gas mileage runs between 25 and 30 consistantly. Exceptionally comfortable as a cruiser.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.