Used 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Quite Pleased
By JR17

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've been driving my Legacy for about 2 1/2 months now and I love it. There is plenty of power and braking getting on and off of I-95. The sound system is quite nice and the range of seating options is fantastic, making for a comfortable ride no matter how I feel like sitting. Great usable trunk space, and terrific leather seating.

I really love the one push sunroof and the outstanding sound system, although my favorite feature is the AWD handling combined with the solid acceleration.

There is a slight noise issue when traveling at speeds over 75 MPH. Other than that this car is fantastic.

This Legacy is a great choice
By Craig in Seattle

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We traded in our B9 Tribeca for this car, due to the Tribeca's low mpg and need for premium gas. So far, I am not missing the SUV. This Legacy is nimble, fun to drive, and relatively quiet. I was totally surprised at the power and responsiveness of the engine. The CVT makes it feel like it has 25-30 more horses under the hood. I have driven previous generation Legacies with the base engine, and would not buy one because of the low power. This engine/tranny combo is great. The car is very stable, even when cornering at high speeds. We took it on a trip to the ocean recently and had a total blast on the curvey highway route we took. I would buy this car again without hesitation

AWD for the same price as most FWD cars, nimble handling, brakes, great performance with the CVT transmission, high quality cabin feel, great mpg for its size.

Front seats could use a little more support, stereo is average.

Nice Surprise
By Family Man

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Anxiously waited 3mos for this car & have close to 1K mi; it was worth the wait. Live in the NE region w/snow & it feels like driving on rails. Traded in an Acura MDX & wanted another AWD vehicle. Convinced the wife to look at Subaru vs Volvo/Audi. Back seats are much roomier than either brands. Initially looked at CVT for the better gas mileage but got the 3.6 instead for the power; we need it since we live on a hill. Will pass this car onto my son who'll start driving in 2yrs & wanted a safe & reliable car. This is my 1st experience w/Subaru and had some reservations about their long term reliability but after learning their history & sitting behind the wheel you feel very safe.

Powerful engine, AWD, solid car.

CVT w/more power & torque, USB should be standard, folding side mirrors & rear A/C & heating vents. Need to design another logo.

Impressed
By tstan

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was looking for a safe, reliable, all- wheel drive vehicle that had good gas mileage, and this was the car I choose. It is quick, responsive, and fun to drive. I initially got 28 mpg on it's first highway trip (doing 70-75 mph) and then got 30 mpg (doing 75-80 mph). The car still has under 1000 miles on it. The toggle shifters are fabulous, the suspension is stiff, yet comfortable, the acceleration is easily adequate, the stereo sound is excellent, the quietness was unexpected, and on top of it all, I got one heck of a deal. This Subaru may eventually turn out to be the best overall vehicles I've owned.

The paddle shifters are equal to what I've got in the Porsche, and I use them all the time for stopping.

I still haven't been able to figure out how to sync my Verizon phone to the Bluetooth system in the car.

Great car, best in the class
By Fighter

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car is awesome, I love to drive it. I never had a Subaru before I purchased this car. I had previously test drove Accord, G37x, 328ix, MB C300 and Subaru won with a huge margin. If you looking for space, lots of headroom even with moon-roof, comfort and style, snow capabilities, great MPG, and overall value, you MUST test drive the Legacy.

Awesome AWD, paddle Shifters on the steering wheel, heated seats. Lots of head room for 6'4''. Solid build quality with attention to details.

Better tires, stock bridgestone's ls-400 just a garbage. Conti DWS better and cheaper:)

• SUV