2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Consumer Review: To drive a B9 is to want a B9!

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca - Consumer Review

To drive a B9 is to want a B9!
By John Giambalvo on

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I happened upon the B9 while out driving other vehicles in its class. It was the fifth drive in less than a week. After about twenty seconds, I knew this was a superior ride to all of the previous ones. In the three weeks since taking it home, it has only reinforced my decision. I wait for the chances to drive it. I can't wait for snow to come. It's obvious that Subaru knows AWD given the incredible popularity of the Outback. The B9 is an utterly new level of Subaru. The cockpit is even fun to just be sitting in. I warn you, if you take for a test drive, you will want to take it home.

Speed (I'm almost afraid to really open her up). Power. Handling. Comfort. Safety. Of course the kids love the DVD and fit perfectly in the back-back. My wife loves the dual climate. Miles remaining in the tank is too cool. Also the constant MPG readout.

Improved gas mileage of course. The headlights take getting used to as they produce a sharp "line of black" in the regular position which disappears with brights. I can assume that this is meant to be easier on the oncoming driver. How about a "pause" on the CD so you can order songs without missing any?