Used 2007 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Incredible Truck
By titanluvr

2007 Nissan Titan LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

It's now 2015, and I have 150K miles on my Titan LE Crew Cab Offroad 4x4. My truck was finally killed this weekend by a rogue tow hitch that my wife struck while driving on the freeway. The thing went under the car and bounced up into the transmission. Busted a hole and destroyed the whole thing. May it rest in peace. However, until that rogue tow hitch, that truck did everything I ever asked of it with ease. Drove from So. Cal. to Montana more times than I can remember and it was an easy 20 hour drive in that Titan. I towed trailers, drove through snowstorms, up icy roads, loaded the bed up with wood and more. I never babied that truck, it never needed to be babied.

The space in the interior was awesome. People constantly complimented on how much leg room they had in the back seat. The engine had power to spare. No matter what I towed, I always had more engine power than was needed. Even though I had the Off-Road package, the ride was smooth. My wife has a bad back and those 20 drives to Montana were never a problem for her. Routine maintenance was all I ever had to perform. Went through two and a half sets of Goodyear Silent Armor tires over the course of 150K miles, one battery and two sets of windshield wipers. I'll be buying a 2015 Titan Pro-4x Crew Cab to replace that truck.

The equipment storage on the driver's side, there needs to be one on the passenger side too. I'd suggest a touch screen, but it looks like they already did that. The only other thing, possibly a heads-up display for speed. Can't think of too much else I'd want. Oh, Subaru's eyesight deal would be nice (on those 20 hour drives one tends to wander out of your lane from time to time). Not much else I'd change. It's possible that the stars and the planets aligned just perfectly when they built my truck, but I'll take a chance with another Nissan Titan.

Great Truck, Woudn't Trade It For Anything.
By titan_07_se

2007 Nissan Titan SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I brought this truck new with about 59 miles at the time, after comparing with other Make and Models in its class and I have to say it was a great choice. I’ve decided to hold off until I had put a good amount of miles on this vehicle before writing this review and as of now I have 78,000 miles on this vehicle and more to come. I’m 6’2 and my girlfriend about 5’11 for us tall people space is everything, and Nissan got it right interior design is extremely spacious lots of compartments both overhead and on the side doors to include the back seat great compliments.

I was pleased to know that this vehicle has a “Timing Chain” rather than a “Timing Belt” what does that mean you save over $500 in maintenance charges for replacement of the “Timing Belt” money that you could use for other things never need to replace. The drive ability is awesome this truck has both speed and power, I drive over 3.5 hours a day and I feel extremely safe in this vehicle when I need it to go it goes without hesitation. Haven’t towed anything yet but plan to in the near future so I can’t comment on the towing factor just yet but have no doubt it tow anything within its limit. By the way this vehicle has a “Boxed Frame” extra durability four sided rather than the norm three.

The Rear Differential Seal needed to be replaced, noticed a slight leak but the dealership covered it it was under warranty and I believe it was on a recall as well. So no harm no foul. Other than that nothing else yet I have kept up with all maintenance service that is recommended up to this point. Great investment, but I do understand vehicles loose value after time. The “Newer Titans 2012 Crew Cab” compared to the 2007 Titans Crew Cab is much smaller, what do I mean the interior space is a lot smaller. I wished Nissan would have kept the interior space the same and upgraded the style of the vehicle and durable paint job.

Horrible fuel mileage
By catiebear

2007 Nissan Titan XE FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I own a 2007 Nissan titan with close to 100,000 kms on it now. I bought it at 70,000 kms to replace a honda ridgeline that could not pull my 4,500 empty trailer. In the three years that I have owned the truck I must say it has been pretty good. It will start faithfully in anything warmer than -17 degrees and is quite reliable. Unfortunately, the steering is horrible and it feels like I am experiencing a death wobble when I drive it over bumps and cracks in the road. I have taken it in to Nissan a number of times only for them to say that there was either too much or too little tire pressure. They did not find problems until my son who is a mechanic brought the issues to their attention.

I like that the truck is a 4x4 and that it will start in fairly cold temperatures.

Nissan dealers are horrible. The service is horrible. I will not be purchasing another nissan again ever in my life. I also have to say that the nissan titan has awful gas mileage. Its ability to tow effectively is also a concern. I am trading mine in for a f150 ecoboost as its towing capacity is 11,500 (six cyl) versus titan 9,500 and (eight cyl).

High Maint Cost with subpar parts
By purza

2007 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Annoyances: Goodyear SRA tires were toast after 15k miles. Air conditioner compressor stays on until the ignition is turned off. Over-all climate control not good. Brakes are under sized and rotors need replacing often. At 61 K miles drivers side axle seal started leaking. At 70 K miles Passenger side started leaking. Reported to NTSB per Titanclub Website. Called 800-Nissan and their customer service was terrible and wouldn't lift a finger to help me even though many, many other people have the same problem. Now my drivers side seal is leaking again at 120 K miles.

Tough but Fragile
By James

2007 Nissan Titan LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

As much as I love my Titan, my comfort has been a bit shattered. The service advisers at the dealership are great but they have been unable to figure out the reason for my constant radiator failures. I am currently on number 3. The radiator is definitely of poor design, but as long as it remains under the extended warranty I'll continue to bring it in. This truck has great potential.

Interior comfort, towing, and the cargo management system.

Please do something about these lousy radiators and the weak rear axles and their seals.