2006 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
Fantastic Truck
By SuaSponte on 09/19/06 08:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I shopped for a while and narrowed my full size crew cab truck choice down to a Ford F-150 Lariat or the Nissan Titan LE, both 4x4s. After a couple of test drives it was a no-brainer, the Nissan was far superior in all respects. The Ford seats were not comfortable, the Nissan's sound system and controls were much better; additionally, the navigation system in the Nissan was awesome and much better implemented. The Ford F-150's power was an also ran in comparison. Both trucks ride and handle very well for big rides, but the Nissan felt more stable in the mountain roads where I ride. Also love the spray in bedliner from the factory and the innovative bed management rail system, etc...

bye bye chevy
By Bobby on 09/12/06 22:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Well I was a chevy man for all of my 30 years until I sat behind the wheel of my new titan. By far the fastest truck I have ever owned. I see alot of mpg complaints but what would you expect from 5.6 V8. I added Cold Air induction and a few other bolt ons exhaust etc.. and am getting 13 city and 16 hwy. The Rockford sound is incredible, and my kids love the DVD. I am still finding stuff on this truck that I didn't know was there

Close to Perfect Truck
By LMH on 09/10/06 13:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan XE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Simply stated, the Titan towers above the others. I have never owned a Japanese car. I have driven Chevy and Ford trucks for decades. I qualify for the Ford A-plan, which would have made an F-150 thousands less. The Titan has more power, better fuel economy, more room, nicer styling, better comfort, and more functionality than all of the competition. My prior truck, an F-150 V-6, would average about 14 MPG regardless of where I drove. I just returned from a 500 mile weekend trip with plenty of foothills, stop-and-go, and freeway driving; 3/4 tank for the whole trip with 18.55 MPG... WOW! I did a lot of research before buying. I believe the Titan is the most well- tought-out truck ever built!

2006 king cab titan
By neil bradford on 09/07/06 18:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I would like temperature in mirror, easier radio to understand, of course better mileage.

Just buy it!
By Brian on 09/05/06 23:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I drive 36,000 miles a year. I go through vehicles every couple of years. After wasting countless time and money on the other guys, I decided to go with a foreign truck for the first time. I couldn't be happier. The reliability, performance, handling, quality, and dependability are insane. I am on the road all day for business, and I sometimes haul and tow to capacity, and the Titan has never let me down. And it's never needed to go in for warranty. That's something I've NEVER experienced with my American vehicles. I buy USA first, but after buying USA first with several USA vehicles I had to trade loyalty for quality.

basic work truck
By dm on 09/05/06 17:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Haven't had it long, but quality lives up to my expectations. It's great looking and fun to drive. Gas mileage is not great, but better than most trucks its size.

2006 Titan LE 4X4
By J S on 09/01/06 05:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Very impressive vehicle. I have not found a single thing that I do not like about it.

Good truck, but not all expected
By storm2rain4 on 08/28/06 18:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan XE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

As most people, I do spend some time on the highway, but as a forester, this truck sees substantial 4-wheel drive time. This ranges from 6-18" of "old- growth" dust on most of our haul roads in August to driving on 12-24" of fresh snow in December. After driving about 7,000 miles, this truck is getting between 12-16 mpg, but I consider that pretty fair after 3/4-ton GMC & Ford 4x4's getting between 10-13 mpg. Truck has plenty of power, but a transmission that shifts down two gears at the slightest nod to want to pass someone on the highway ...trying to get used to this! Annoying factors include windshield wiper proximity to wheel, powertrain hum at 55+, poor A/C controls and poor 4x4 tires.

Why I own a TITAN
By David P James on 08/19/06 10:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan XE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

What really impressed me is the rear doors that open all the way to the back to the bed. Nissan seemed to have thought of everything to make this truck a big seller. I believe you have. Chevy and Ford, the quality just isn't there anymore, so I went with NISSAN the quality, the way it rides, the roominess inside, the exterior, this company couldn't have done anything better.

Best Truck
By Rafal Zep on 08/11/06 23:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Best Truck off and on road. Poor Hemi drivers have too smell my dust

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.