Used 2006 Nissan Titan LE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Rolling Thunder....
By titanloving

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I just purchased a 2006 crew cab LE Titan. Never really liked the styling of the domestic trucks and the Toyota's pricing steered me away. Even on a used Tundra with 100k miles people are asking $20 grand!! Ridiculous. A new truck being out of our price range I looked high and low for a used truck with the options I wanted with low miles and price that wasn't bad. We found it!! My truck has less than 39K miles and is fully loaded and we paid less than $20k! The captains chairs, sound system and interior styling is awesome. Truck rides great and has a little growl too with only stock exhaust. Love the chrome all around, especially the bold front. Driving is true enjoyment

Body styling, large wheels, 4 full doors, leather interior, power rear window, sound system, center console and instrument display.

none

My Titan
By Shane V

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I recently bought an 06 LE Titan for my 17th birthday. It is one sweet truck. It came stock with the Rockford Fosgate system. I by far have the nicest truck of the school, and defenitly in the top 20 of this city. It has racing tires with 20's, and the heavy duty chrome package. I put some 40's flows on it, and my friends have nicked named the truck Screaming Demon. Gas just seems to be put on fast forward in it however. Its really hard crossing town or just cruising without someone wanting to race or feeling the need to rev their less superior engine.

I like the stock system, it sounds very nice. I also like the power, and the initial set up in the cab. I also like the power back glass, and how the tail gate descends slowly. The rear compartment also comes in handy. Also the sound, it sounded mean before I put pipes on it.

The only thing I really have to complain about is that I dont like that your able to control stereo functions from the back. also, the hump in the back middle makes sleeping uncomfortable, and I had to buy a custom speaker box to fit subs.

2006 Nissan Titan
By Happy Owner

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Coming straight from an 01 F150 supercrew with the 5.4L Titan, there is no comparison! Hands down this truck is the pinnacle of power, acceleration and comfort. I quickly found that people who only get 12~16 mpg are heavy on the throttle! It's got power, but jumping into that power from a stand still is costly. It's fun to drive because of the power.. but if you use that power (all the time), you'll pay for it at the pump. With normal driving, I can average 17~19.5 mpg. Hey..it's a truck. If I wanted 30 mpg, I would have purchased a car. This truck is a solid performer and I love it.

Armrests, nav and DVD systems. Well placed controls, once you learn the cool cockpit feel. Auto up/down front windows and sunroof. Side bed compartment is genius!! It's excellent for storing side rail and bed tie down cleats. Rear seat flip up, underseat divided storage tray ..I could go on & on

Make it taller. 20" rims are nice, but an optional lift kit would have been great. Engine packages for better fuel economy or power. OEM bolt on devices would be a nice way to accomplish this as well.

Good and Bad
By Greg

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my 06' Titan in June 06'. Have had it back to the dealer 6 times for small problems (windows, door handle problems for example). Problems seem to be fixed and love the truck otherwise. Great power, fun to drive and handles my 23 ft. camper so much better than my last Ford truck did. That five speed transmission is fantastic pulling a heavy load. My Ford couldn't do the highway speed limit and sounded like it would blow when it would downshift going up the smallest incline. The Titan's five speed tranny handles the speed and inclines wonderfully and I couldn't be happier. Well, maybe with a few more miles per gallon. E85 fuel economy is brutal in this vehicle.

Engine, Radio, Power Rear Window, Transmission.

Not the best looking truck on the market. Front end needs to be overhauled. Someone said it best in a review before mine when they said it could use a wheel flares and the orange lights on the dash get a little tough at night.

bye bye chevy
By Bobby

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Well I was a chevy man for all of my 30 years until I sat behind the wheel of my new titan. By far the fastest truck I have ever owned. I see alot of mpg complaints but what would you expect from 5.6 V8. I added Cold Air induction and a few other bolt ons exhaust etc.. and am getting 13 city and 16 hwy. The Rockford sound is incredible, and my kids love the DVD. I am still finding stuff on this truck that I didn't know was there

POWER,Audio,DVD,Very roomy,soft comfortable leather, heated seats, under seat storage, tons of compartments, bed system, I just love everything about this truck.

cooled seats, better intake system would improve factory mpg