2004 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
2004 Titan
By mel62 on 05/22/10 19:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

purchased new and has been spraying gasoline out filler neck when re- fueling. Dealer has replaced evaporative canister 3 times and fuel tank once. Just returned at 43k and dealer and Nissan refused to repair item.

My Titan
By Everett Blakely on 02/07/08 18:16 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I got the cheap Titan, but it is by far fancier than other makes, for a basic. The looks are great and the room is just as great. The only thing that I wish was better was the gas mpg, but I have to remember, it is a titan. Thank goodness cruise control is standard equipment, because this truck really hauls.

Love my Titan
By Buz on 12/19/06 17:51 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Titan. Plenty of power and a very smooth transmission. Great riding truck and I would purchase another. In fact I plan to buy another one soon. Gas mileage could be better.

Purrs Like a Lion
By LVMYTRUK on 04/21/06 18:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My Nissan Titan purrs like a lion. Living in the mountains, and commuting to work, I need to feel that my daughter and I are safe and that I am driving a reliable vehicle. My Nissan is everything that I was looking for and more. It is attractive, comfortable, dependable, and safe in most weather conditiond. I am not unhappy with the gas consumption, either. I would recommend this truck to anyone who enjoys driving a powerful vehicle with style!

Great for the price
By Joe on 12/15/05 10:41 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Beside the bolts on the tie rodes not tightened resulting in a trip back to the dealership and the light always going on for the low tire pressure, I really like this truck. The gas mileage is about 11.5 mpg which I don't think could get any worse. But it is a truck and it is very user-friendly and the ride is great.

Tons of power 5.6 v8 Hemi Killer
By m4ck on 11/22/05 22:34 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned Dodge, Ford, and Chevy trucks and this Titan is the best truck I have owned to this day. Most powerful fun to drive vehicle I have ever had. Great for working or playing. Tows like a big dog and more interior room than my Dodge Ram Quadcab had. Very sporty truck.

Titan burly exhaust note
By Bob on 08/30/05 08:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

As to the con: burly exhaust note, this is actually one of the best features. The titan sounds awesome. Unfortunately thats the only good I see. Titan has known issues with the brakes. Apparently they chose a rotor that the metal distorts and causes the rotors to warp and the steering wheel shakes really bad. I had them done first at 13k miles and again at 19k miles. The first fix they cut all 4 rotors, and now there is a horrendous noise in the front suspension, second time they replaced the fronts with the same thing that was on there before and again said they cut the rear rotors. The service manager told me to keep bringing it back. I dont want to keep bringing it back.

Awesome Titan
By Chuck Marchbanks on 08/28/05 12:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Titan is awesome in every way! It is so quick when you need it to be and smooth when you want to relax and drive! The power and performance of this Nissan will surprise you every time you put the peddle down! It is an eye catcher! People are constantly saying how much they love it and how they would love to have it. I absolutely love this awesome machine!

Inspect your plastic
By Clint on 12/16/04 02:21 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Switches not plugged in. Missing and unsecure plastic panels.

Hal's King Cab XE
By Huckaby on 12/12/04 10:06 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The cab is spaceous and comfortable. Great power. A former Dodge owner, this is much more vehicle for the money. The gas mileage is less than desirable, but it's a V8. Had to get use to rolling the windows down and making sure I locked the doors when exiting. Also had to get used to adjusting the side view mirrors from the outside, no power. Yet, a great vehicle for the money. Fog lamps are not an option. A feature almost a necessity here in Georgia.