Used 2008 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

FROM MAXIMA TO ROGUE
By DOUG

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded my wife's 2007 Maxima se on a Rogue. Reason was the ability to use regular fuel. I had hoped to get better fuel mileage but didn't really believe that I would. The Rogue is a nice little vehicle. My wife misses the power and handling of the Maxima but she likes the Rogue. She has 5,000 miles on it already, and has averaged 26.4 mpg. Not bad. She likes the bluetooth and I like the Bose. The CVT takes getting used to. When we bought the 2007 Maxima I thought that I would never get to like the transmission. But after a while it grew on us (we put 48,000 miles on the Maxima) the rogue could use a locking gas door in these times, and a way to open the hatch from the drivers seat. Over all we like it.

Bluetooth, and the Bose sound system. Also like the handling.

Locking gas cap door, and a way to open the hatch from the drivers seat. As always better fuel mileage would be great. It gets no better mileage than the last 5 Maximas we have owned. But it does use regular fuel.

An easy choice
By Krup

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was a 15 year Jeep owner. Every 5 years I would ramble into the Jeep dealership and buy my new jeep. No longer. The Rogue won this time over all the Jeeps and other competition on gas mileage, price and looks. This CUV is smooth, quiet and very sharp.

Red stitching on black leather seating looks great. Instrument lighting is cool. Very good mileage 23.5 in city and 28+ on the freeway. Paddle shifters are fun. Bluetooth is great. Lumbar support with leather package. Bose 8 speaker sound system is very nice. I will love heated seats in North Ohio.

Backing up sensors should be on all vehicles. Driver's side door handle hits my knee from time to time. Larger computer center so reading MPG and miles to empty, etc., would be easier. That's it... it's a very nice ride.

Excellent and fun to drive!
By Hawk's Rogue

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Rogue is a very fun to drive crossover SUV. Bose system. Smooth and refined. Good handling. Strong brakes. Swift 4 cylinder, the Rogue is faster than all 4cyl SUVs. Good fuel economy. Excellent build quality. Decent quality interior. Fat steering wheel with controls. Over 15,000 miles and absolutely no issues. Quiet. It's so smooth running, almost mimicking an electric motor.

The smooth ride and good handling. Brakes. Bose system. Steering wheels controls. Quiet interior. Big glove box and center storage.

Needs more cubby holes up front. Rear armrest. Rear sensors for parking or better rearward visibility. All options should be available on 2wd or 4wd. Increase the size a small amount.

Rogue - nice tool around town CUV
By jekcartalk2

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After 1200 miles the car is avg 26.1 MPG which is one of the reasons we bought this CUV. The ride is good for such a small CUV. Downsized from a 03 MDX. Overall the car is fun to drive, smooth CVT (do not use paddle shifters), the displays and controls are located in logical areas. The leather seats are comfortable, the sound system is more than adequate.

Nice design in and out, steering wheel controls, Xenon headlights, comfortable leather seats, Bluetooth, most of the premium/leather package stuff.

Memory seat/mirror, tele steering wheel, rear back up sensors a must, side molding, better center display for gas gauge etc., auto lights, climate control, at least as options.

Buy one too!
By Happy in Ohio

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just purchased on Sat, and love it. I was looking for something smaller, better gas mileage (have Toyota Highlander, which is a great SUV too). The Rogue looks impressive, and it is fun to drive, handles beautifully. I bought the Silver Ice, SL AWD, leather, premium package and moonroof. I'm looking for driving around town! I'm very happy with my purchase.

Bluetooth, Bose 6 disc sound system, leather seats, Intelligent Entry, price

Locking gas cap and move to driver side. Better lighting in rear hatch. Side molding.