2001 Nissan Frontier Consumer Review: 01' Nissan Frontier v6 - NOT R

2001 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Review

01' Nissan Frontier v6 - NOT Recommended
By BaLLSnatch on

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I would never recommend this truck to anyone. I am not saying it is horrible, it is just not a "truck". To begin with, these 3.3's are VERY underpowered. I would expect a small underpowered motor to have great milage, Yet they are HORRIBLE gas hogs !!! You might as well have a 350 v8 !!! Because, No matter city or highway driving and no matter what type gas, you can EXPECT 15 miles per gallon. The exhaust manifolds crack after about 75k miles, but, LUCKILY they are relatively easy to change. Handling is no good. After a lot of modifications and upgrades I still do not like it. (I take care of my vehicles and expect the most from them) I have 98' S10 which I would RECOMMEND any day over it!

I have come to like roomyness of the cab (with only 2 people inside - 3+ persons will NEVER ride comfortably). The seats can be relaxed back and you have plenty of room to stretch out. Tortion bars were a good feature when I decided to lift it. Honestly, you get what you pay for. They are cheap$.

1: The bed is too short. After you put a toolbox in, there isnt enough room for anything. BUT, the long bed 4 door models are just as bad in other areas. 2: The motor needs to be scrapped. Who's idea was it to use an outdated underpowered gas hog CAR engine in a truck ? 3: Styling imprvmnts !