2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
12 year Mitsubishi driver
By ny on 07/07/05 21:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The Eclipse is fun to drive. Take a while to get used to the wide interior, dash, hood. GT excellent choice for the price difference. I bought it even with GM employee program available on other cars.

Great car for the money
By MEL on 07/06/05 22:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is a head turner, fun to drive, has a great sound system, front seats roomy but back seat has no leg room and good trunk room. The GS is peepy for a 4 cylinder, does corners well.

The Eclipse is Back and Better than Ever
By Gustavo on 07/03/05 20:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a new 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT in May of 2005. I have enjoyed it and continue to enjoy it. The outside physical appearance is aggressive and mean. The interior is sporty and sophisticated at the same time. People stare at it while driving down the road. If you like what it looks like on the pictures on this web site then imagine what it will look like once it is fixed up. I have already tinted the windows and added 20" rims. I plan on adding a body kit once they become available to make it look even better. I recommend it to anyone in the market for a new car.

Another Disappointment on the 4th Generation Eclipse
By 4gen eclipse on 07/03/05 10:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The performance is alright, not as good as advertised of course. This car is not comfortable and gets terrible gas mileage with its 3.8L engine. if attention-getting is considered fun, then I suppose driving this uncomfortable 4th generation Eclipse is somewhat ~fun~. This car has tire-chirp, understeer, small rear window (no wiper), blind-spots. The build-quality is just like every other Mitsubishi, poor. I have so much regret for wasting time on waiting for this disappointment. I should've gone with either an Infiniti G35 Coupe, or an Acura RSX-S.

The new Eclipse
By pcmacbob on 07/02/05 23:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just purcased a new Eclipse and have fell in love with it with one exception. The radio is suppose to play mp3 CD's (which it does) but after creating a few of them and inserting them into the 6 CD changer and trying to eject them all of a sudden one won't eject and know the cd unit won't even play anything. I looked in the manual to see if there is a way to manually eject the cd, but it says that you need to take it to the dealer. This might and probably will be a problem for buyers of the Rockford system. I did not see anywhere in the manual what CD manufacturer you should use for the stereo. My first tank I got 25 mpg. I have the 4 speed auto and love it also.

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse
By diana on 06/27/05 00:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car for my daughter, and it is the best car. It is a real beauty we are very happy to have this 2006. We are getting lots of compliments on it. We traded in a 2003 spyder it was great too.

The way the Eclipse was meant to be!
By Jason From Jersey on 06/16/05 08:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a pure and powerful head turner. The perfect blend of style, performance, and personality. This is a car that tuners can appreciate due to its 263hp and 260 torque. This car rivals the likes of the Mazda RX-8, Nissan 350z, Infiniti G35, Acura RSX, Toyota Celica, and the Ford Mustang 2005. More spacious backseat then the Generation 1 & 2 but still maintains head clearance issues in the back seat. Overall however its a perfect car for a tuner or someone who just can't afford that new BMW. So go out and take a test drive today and you can be sure to see the value.

Just got it!
By rolwesj on 06/16/05 04:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have been researching this car for about a month now and just purchased it yesterday. I expected a car that would be fun to drive (and it is), but I was pleasantly suprised at all of the safety advancements made such as a 6 airbag system, advanced frame design intended to absorb most of the shock in an impact, etc.. Ergonomically, sitting in the driver's seat is like sitting in a cockpit of a fighter jet (very comfortable and the car seems built around you). The ice blue backlighting for the instruments looks VERY cool especially at night! I would recommend staying away from the base model, as most of the really cool things are only on the GT with the acc. packages.

It's Awesome
By aburke80 on 06/15/05 15:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The sales consultant was very knowledgable and treated me with respect even though I wasn't dressed in my everyday business suit. Other than that, the car pretty much sold itself. Must get the 650W Rockford Fosgate upgraded audio system. It absolutely knocks your socks off. It's been the best purchase I've made in a long time. It's a serious reason to rubberneck.

Sweet Car
By The Jaje on 06/15/05 15:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

After reading the Edmunds review on this car, I had to see for myself, so i went to the dealership (after playing phone tag with the salesman) and they had two on the lot... an Orange and a Silver. Well, thats that, I drove out of the dealership an hour later in a brand new Orange Eclipse on May 28th. It has been a dream come true. It's incredibly fast, but the ride is so comfortable that you hardly notice any roughness in the road. A real step up from my last car ('95 Lumina). I think I am in love with it, it's just a very well built car which is incredbly fun to drive. Go out and test one for yourslef, you will feel like i did.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.