Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Love My Benz
By drriqq

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

This is my fourth Benz, bought 1st new one in '95 (C200), next CLK Convertible 320, 1994 new, next new one, the 2010 E350 2door Coupe (loved it) for myself and for my wife, the 2010 C 300. My beloved wife of 42 years passed New Years Day 2014, didn't need two vehicles and wanted to keep my E350, but sold it and kept my wife's. I've always had all my vehicles serviced every 10,000 miles at the dealership, my C300 has 74,000 miles and rides like a charm, never getting rid of that car. Dealer told me in 95, after buying my first Benz, a Mercedes would be the only car I'd ever buy, he was right!!!!

Smooth ride and fantastic on the highway, will get up and go when she has too, been driving the car for two years, my wife drove it 2 years before that and I don't think she ever purchased new tires before I start driving it and I know I haven't.

The Navigation system could be improved, example, when searching for a business say like Bank of America, you have to go through every state to find the state you want, and you should be able to just go back to the main menu instead of turning the system off and then back on.

Drives much worse than its looks
By jh10880

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I bought 2010 C300 certified by dealer with 36K miles. After few days I noticed the power steering noise which is driving me crazy (unless I turn the radio on to drown the noise). The car has no power at all. After traffic stop, you can see every type of car passing by. When I take my foot off the gas, it feels as if someone has pressed the brakes. I took it back to the dealer who told me this is normal. I complained about the noise from the engine when it starts (the sound of metal pinging) and the power steering noise, the dealer kept the car for five days, after which they told me this is normal. If this is normal then shame on you MB, this is not what I expected (unfortunately t

Small turning radius

Fix power steering noise, and give it more power. It is embarrassing when KIA leaves you behind after a traffic light stop.

2.5 years with C300 Lux
By autoaficion

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Overall, this is a very well built car that drives very nicely. I've always has standard-brand cars, but this time I splurged and bought the German car I've always wanted. It is not the sporting model, but it handles and moves perfectly for daily driving. It's small, so easily maneuvers in tight spaces, but has the premium features. The up-and-down nav and entertainment screen is kind of silly, but I find the iPod integration to be excellent and easy to use with the round controller on the center console. I enjoy the car greatly, but the mystique of having a Mercedes is all in my head; it's not like having a Mercedes back when I was a kid and they were special and infrequent.

- It's a Mercedes. The hood ornament makes me smile every time I drive it. - The combined ABS, traction control, and stability control in this car are well done in the extreme - I have driven this rear wheel drive car in Pacific NW snow and ice storms and made it through; my previous vehicle had the same systems and FWD, and was no match at all. - The car is very smooth and feels solidly built. - Amazingly tight turning radius. Best of any car I've owned in this size range.

- Some controls are backlit while others are note, the HVAC controls are so complex and fiddly I only mess with them at stop lights. You have to manually synch the driver and passenger temp. - The position of controls is baffling sometimes (turn signal). - The speedometer is completely illegible, so I always use the digital speedometer. - The seats can feel a bit firm, giving you a feeling of sitting on them rather than sitting in them. - There seems to be no logic behind the color scheme of the lighting. It lacks design, which a car of this price requires. - The fabric on the kick panels of the front doors is not durable enough. - Folding rear seat s/b standard.

1 year, 10,000 miles, and very satisfied
By autoaficion

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I've just spent a year and 10,000 miles with my C300 Luxury, and I am happy to report that I am very satisfied. Instead of aiming for the sportiest model in the range, I decided to buy the Luxury model and don't regret that choice at all - this is an excellent small luxury car with enough sportiness to make it fun to drive without being a tiresome daily driver. With the premium 1 package and media package, it has everything I could want. The only downside: the friends and acquaintances who judge me for buying a Mercedes ("it's pretentious"). In the past, I always chose something more value-priced and was not content long term. This car has what it takes to merit long-term ownership.

- Bulletproof build quality; extremely solid. - Perfect balance of ride, handling, and comfort. - Engine is a gem, very smooth and powerful; excellent transmission. - Excellent stock tires. I was very impressed when I drove in the snow this winter - far better behavior than my past FWD cars. - The hood ornament is a classy touch you just can't find anywhere else. - Turning radius is very tight, a welcome relief after my previous car, an Aura XR, which had the turning radius of a large truck.

I'm very pleased with my C300, but here are my suggestions: - Seats could offer a little additional softness, they tend to be a bit firm. - The media/nav screen popping up every time you start the car and closing every shut off loses its charm after a while. - Would have preferred a 4-cylinder diesel for economy, but can't complain about the V6 as it is quite powerful for real world driving. - Would be nice if the C/S transmission button would remember last setting instead of always resetting to C for economy. - Standard stereo sound seemed a bit lacking the first several months, but I've gotten used to it. MB could make a better first impression though. - HVAC controls are fiddly.

The Best German Luxury Sedan Available
By White Plaines NY

2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

After researching Audi, BMW, Lexus, VW- all which are nice cars-This car is truly the FINEST. Heavy solid build, smooth & very quiet drive train. One drive is all it take to prove this car is above and beyond the competetion. Timeless looks and elegance all in one. Everyone is amazed when they see the quality difference in this car.

Smooth V-6, quiet luxurious cabin