Used 2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Special Edition - Near Perfect
By Matthew

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I had a hard time finding the special edition here in SoCal. When I found one for sale, I went to see it, and it was beautiful. The light blue doesn't seem too feminine for me. I love the contrast of the brown leather against the blue exterior. The car handles beautifully, and is always a blast to drive. It has rained 4 days since I bought it, and those days are the only time that the top has been up. The manual top is just perfect, easy up and easy down from a seating position. Throttle response is great especially when merging onto a highway. But the real treat this car delivers is the steering. Near perfect! Lotus Elise is the only car with better steering than Miata.

I love the dark brown leather with light blue stitching. The other favorite feature is the steering response. The turning radius is so small that I can do a complete 360 degree turn on my narrow street with cars parallel parked on each side. This car is so easy to love... I can't say enough!

Few complaints here. Console cupholders are useless especially with the manual shifter. Improve the door holders, and make a dedicated iPod or blackberry holder on the console. Also...could Mazda please include a hardwired iPod connector for this car? Other than these 2 things no complaints.

• Sedan