2010 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: Only a week old

2010 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

i Touring Plus Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Only a week old
By RonG. on

2010 Mazda 6 i Touring Plus 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I only recently purchased this car and am so far pleased. After driving a diesel for the last 4+ years, even 170 HP feels strong at highway speeds! I wasn't sure about the "Red Mica" at first, but I've grown to like it. It seems to be quiet at highway speeds and rides smoothly. I have to get used to the "Blind Spot" system. When you pass a car, or a car passes you in the adjoining lane, the yellow indicator light in the mirrors will light up. I wonder if it may cause other drivers to mistake it for a turn indicator & think you're about to change lanes on them. It will also indicate when you're driving next to concrete barriers and guard rails (sometimes).

Bluetooth, Steering wheel controls, Instrument/Dash Lighting, Info display shows the phone call information (& speaks to you), key fob lowers front windows/opens moonroof (help for hot days), Leather Tilt/Tele Steering Wheel, cup holder has a lid & csn double as hidden storage.

Doors should "auto-lock." I was surprised to find that they don't. I would prefer that the doors unlock when the interior handle is pulled without having to push the unlock button first. Maybe some "deeper" storage up front and it would be nice if the rear "pull down" section had a storage section.