Used 2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:

IS 300
By jgoodyear

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owend this car for 10 months, and has been a great car. The I6 is very smooth. Nice power is based on the Toyota Supra 2JZ-GE motor. The 5sp Manual has nice concise shifts. Feels solid. The Manual is almost .5 of a second faster than the Auto, It also has a stiffer suspension.

Seats are very comfortable, I purchased this and drove it 12 hours home. I never felt tired or uncomfortable. The car is quite, very low wind noise. Styling is nice I feel it has good accents. Steering is quick and car feels agile.

More Power, about 275 would be nice. I have installed a TRD high flow air filter. This give a quicker throttle response. I have also replaced the exhaust with a HKS Drager II. Nice power gains, and sound. These upgrades make a noticeable difference in performance.

Next Generation Lexus.
By dirtymartini

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

It has amazing handling and feels much more nimble than other cars in its class. The factory stereo is the best I've heard and crushes any of the German cars. The aluminum drilled pedals, the chronometer display and the suade side panels get more attention then any wood trim. Also the exterior catches the eye of everyone around. It has a very long wheelbase with respect to its length which makes it look even faster than it is. It isn't nearly as common as a BMW or Audi. Lastly, Lexus makes the most reliable cars in the world. This is no exception. Fuel efficiency - This is a sports car. If you want an economy car buy a Civic.

Paddle shifters, stereo, 17" wheels, full leather seats, handling, inline 6, reliability.

Memory seats, possibly an IS430, less brake dust

OK
By Lexus Fan

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my third Lexus. Es250, Ls400, and now this. Overall the car has been pretty good. Manual has smooth shifting. Gear shift gets a little hot in summer. Radio is adequate. I'm a little envious of the G35 coupe's styling and power. Other than squeeks and rattles....good car. NEEDS MORE POWER OR 6th gear! Maybe convertible?

Interior design, Escaine seats

Gas Mileage!, squeeks and rattles, memory seats!, improve the front paint (lots of chips), MORE POWER!!!!!!

Get The IS
By SirFreeze

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I test drove the A4, 330, Maxima, S2000, TT and even waited 6 weeks to test drive the G35. All the above had thier plus/minuses. I thought the IS offered the most complete package of power, styling, handling and value. Great car !!

Nice styling. I felt the interior and handling is what put the IS ahead of the other cars.

More power !! Car is probably better with a manual (bought the E-Shift so my girlfriend could drive it). More power would be nice.

Better Than People think
By shadowy1

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first Lexus and I'm hooked traded a 95 Volvo 850 turbo. The IS300 rocks, great power, handles like it's on rails. I looked at an Audi S4 and Acura TSX before getting the Lex, and I'm not sorry. People talk about the rear seat being small, SO I don't want a bunch of free loaders riding with me anyway. Just me and my lady riding with the tunes blasting. The dealer didn't look down their noses at you the way those Euro dealers do, bunch of snobs. Anyway back to the point. This car may not be for everyone but it's not your Daddy's Oldsmobile. Lexus may not have hit the bullseye but they came damn close.

Handling, feel of seats, how it holds your butt in place, fit of parts and finish of the wole package. The Cool Factor that you get driving.

Gas Mileage, and no memory seat no metal shift ball, on clod morning it's like holding ice. Little more power will never hurt.