2001 Lexus GS 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (25 reviews )
Great Car
By Bill Ayotte on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed this car a lot and would recommend it to anyone. We now own the Lexus SUV as well.

best luxury car ever own
By dj2002 on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

excellent, best sport sedan out there .. way better than the E class of mercedez...or BMW 5 series..

NICE CAR BUT
By RHPCPA on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

REALLY LIKED THE CAR AFTER DRIVING LINCOLNS FOR SEVERAL YEARS. BUT I HAVE HAD IT IN THE SH0P FOR FOUR PROBLEMS. NONE SERIOUS(I.E. RADIO WENT OUT, DIMMING SWITCH WENT OUT, BATTERY DIED. REAR VIEW MIRROR BROKE. DEALERSHIP FIXED ALL BUT DISAPPOINTED THAT I HAD TO TAKE IT IN SEVERAL TIMES.

GS 300 "The One"
By Bear Inc on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great. After owning various cars including BMW 5 series, Mercedes Benz Clk, and Audi I would still choose the LEX. This car is great in every respect and the Lexus service can't be beat. Truly this car is a keeper.

01 GS300 Fla car
By Boca Drew on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 3 years and 50K,this was the first vehicle (after 10 others) that I have never had one major problem/complaint After owning Audis (3), all had major and multiple problems, 2 Mitsu's both had problems, My new 03 Acccccura TL-S, 3 problems already. But this thing is built bullet-proof. owever, I really miss feeling the road when I drive, No this is not a euro ride, it is true Japanese MUSH. But not the finish of a Merc/BMW or even Audi. The outside metal-tin like a corolla. So If you really want a great comfy reliable mushy car get this. I will say for the last 3 years all I want is to feel the road again....

GS300
By tie on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

great car, really reliable. Especially for those that have long commutes.

I Love it!!!!
By Elliott138 on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been dying to get one of these since 1998, but was stuck in a lease until 2001. I am on 24k now and it is just like I only had it for a couple of months (minus the new car smell) Lexus service is the best I have even been exposed to and that includes Mercedes and Infiniti. Being a Lexus owner is pleasure and look forward to the next purchase in 2005

01 GS 300 Florida
By abockstein on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

best car ever owned...beautiful, still looks brand new, people still comment on it everyday, no mech problems in 2.5years...However, it is NOT a german car. After owning three Audi's before, my next car definitely will be a 5 series BMW, I need more firmness and better handling...Too sum it up, great car, but MUSH!!!!

my lexus story
By jose torres on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I WAS IMPRESSED WITH MY FIRST JAPANESE CAR. THE APPEARANCE AND ENGINEERING FAR SURPASSED THE AMERICAN DESIGNS.I AN SOLD ON LEXUS.

GS 300---WHAT A GREAT AUTOMOBILE!!!
By Jack Burke HHI on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The GS 300 is a solid, reliable, stunning car which is extremely comfortable and fun to drive. Exterior styling is supurb, a real "Head Turner". It drives beautifully, and I feel totally safe driving the car. Plenty of head, leg, and trunk room. I love the car!!!