Wow, what a great little car.
By travelnman1 on
2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I have previously owned three Lexus vehicles an ES 300, ES 350 and my last car a GS 350 AWD. When the CT 200h came out, I took a test drive and fell in love with the car. I drove it home that day. I liked the looks, red with black leather interior, and sporty. It's very quiet and has the ride quality of the ES 350 I had. You do hear the CVT under acceleration but it quiets down once up to speed. The car's computer indicated I got 44mpg on the first tank of gas. This includes some interstate driving. Currently, it shows 46.5 mpg will do an actual check on my next fillup. Go out and test drive one. Would make a good entry level to Lexus or 2nd vehicle
Favorite Features
To me, the car has great looks and just feels good while driving. The car seems to be very nimble. Well done Lexus. All controls are well thought out and within easy reach. Good gas mileage. I'm sure there are other vehicles out there that get as good as or better mileage but probably don't handle as well or is as quiet as this vehicle. It's hard to tell when the engine is cycling on and off during driving. You might find this strange, but I like the door locks as well. There is a small dimple on the front end of the door handle. Just touch and it's locked. It also chimes when backing up to alert people. There is also a holder for a phone, Ipod or GPS unit. 10K mile oil change.
Suggested Improvements
The back seat is a little cramped. Six footers may feel rather confined. Need more storage space! Glove compartment and door storage areas are way too small. The "arm rest" in center console is too far back. My elbow actually rests on the edge of the cup holder. I would suggest that Lexus investigate placing rechargable lithium ion batteries inside the console that could be charged being plugged in as well as while driving as is the current hybrid system. I do miss the layout of the center stack area like most other Lexus vehicles have.
By travelnman1
on 03/21/11 20:56 PM (PDT)

Postscript... Just prior to fillup, the computer indicated 48.3 mpg. Actual mpg after fillup was 46mpg. slight difference. It''s 20 mpg better than I was getting im my GS 350 and I think it is more fun to drive. All driving was done in ECO mode with no special effort to change my driving habits. Just drove the speed limit. The next test will be to drive in sport mode if I can remember to turn the knob and set. I transferred my cd collection to a 16 gb Lexar nano usb flash drive. Works great and can close the lid.

By travelnman1
on 03/25/11 23:01 PM (PDT)

Filled up again after driving in sport mode. Got 44.6 mpg. actual not computer estimate. The car does have better pickup than in eco mode. Will probably only use sport mode when entering interstate or when passing. Hope this review has been helpful.