2014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Consumer Review: After the initial love affair

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport - Consumer Review

Supercharged 4dr SUV (5.0L V8 Supercharger 4x4 8-speed Automatic w/Prod. End 12/31)

After the initial love affair is over she'll bleed you to death
By joe493 on

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD w/Prod. End 12/31 (5.0L 8cyl S/C 8A)

The Range Rover sport is in my view an over priced V6 powered ego trip. The poorly designed interior layout coupled with the least intuitive gps and entertainment system out there should give anyone pause. And why does the gps system point upward into to the sun? The small screen is hard enough to deal with, let alone the excessive sun light! Additionally you'll find that although Land Rover claims there SUV as being the best off road vehicles in the world, it's interesting why there tires only offer about 3/16 to 1/4" clearance for the rim. The best drivers will still curb the rims. When it's time for breaks, 30k miles. Expect to pay 1000 dollars per axle. Oh, oil and tire rotate, 300

Favorite Features

Great ride, attractive car, stokes my ego.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign all of the technology. Nothing in the Range Rover is intuitive.,,ie, when programing the gps for a trip across state lines, you actually have to change states in the search menu. Why does the gps point up into the sun, it's difficult to see when it's sunny. Traffic on the gps is depicted by arrows that are hard to understand. Outter edge of tires do not protect the rims, even the most careful of drivers will ruin the rims. I took my sport in for oil and tire rotation, 300 bucks. I was told I need breaks (27k miles) how much? 1000 per axle. 2k total!!! I asked why, because RR engineers there Rogers too thin. They can't be reused after turning. They must be replaced!