Can't Stand This Car
By soldiermusic on
2009 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
I have owned several cars in my driving years and I can look back fondly on various aspects of pretty much all of them. This car is an unfortunate exception. I absolutley loathe this car. It is very easy to oversteer and difficult to get back on track if you need to make a sudden swerve. The mileage is substandard. It gets about 26mpg highway. (My Sedona mini-van gets 22-23.) Please note I am not a leadfoot driver and I don't make hard accelerations. I'm pretty easy on my cars. Also, the driver's seat is worse that sitting on a wagon bench. At least a covered wagon doesn't have two bars right in line with my anatomy. And no, I'm not a very large or old person.
Favorite Features
It was cheap and has a decent warranty.
Suggested Improvements
It would be fine-ish if not used for long distance driving. I have a 65 mile commute to work so 26mpg costs me alot of money compared to my old beat up Civic that still got 36 with an engine that was shot. The seats are downright painful if seated for more than a short distance, so it would be great to see them overhaul the seat design. I have not owned this car for long, so I can't say anything about reliability, but I can say I will be getting rid of this car ASAP!!!