Used 2006 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Solid performer w/minor illnesses...
By Gramotey

2006 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our Kia purchase was quite impulsive: we've liked the ride quality right away,and we've been specifically looking for 4x4 capabilities, some economy...bought this as no 4x4 Tuscons were available in Texas :) Body is incredibly rigid,some serious off-road performance.Comfortable and predictive road manners,good breaking backed-up by standard ABS.Reasonable controls,very good visibility,very good stock sound(although we both are missing mp3/USB/AUX jacks).Outlet in the trunk was quite a nice find!Minor problems we've seen so far is 2 blown turn signal lamps(they are doubled,however) which I had replaced and that was the end of it as of now, and main dome light is incommunicado. That's minor...

4x4 capabilities,sportrack gear shift,conservative but pleasing looks,ride quality.Fuel economy constantly turns out better than I had expected: I always track it, and in 3 (winter) months we get no less than 19 mpg in mixed suburban driving... However I do not push the gas when I don't need to ;)

- USB/AUX/mp3 capability; - Some fuel economy improvement; - Some materials could be just a notch better; - Locking front differential on 4x4's will put it into serious leagues.

Wish I would've never purchased
By see

2006 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Although, the car drives fine. It has so many problems its rediculous. I purchased new in 06. If it is windy outside and you are driving- be prepared for an annoying LOUD whistle. The wind hits the windshield at the top and makes a horrible noise. I guess its the way its made. The cd player already quit working. I didnt even use it much. The heater comes and goes as it pleases. The dome light also comes and goes as it pleases. Also, the 4x4 light comes off and on. Overall the car does get me where I need to go, but all of these "little" things have ruined it for me. Can't wait to get a different car!

like the color.

everything....

I need to brag
By john

2006 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I need to brag about my Sorento. Purchased in Sept. 06, I travel alot. I currently have 158,690 miles on it. The only issue was needing to replace the transfer case ($700 on Ebay). Tires, brakes and oil changes have been my only real purchases. As I looked at getting a replacement vehicle, I had to ask why. There is not a squeak or rattle. It handles the way it did on day one, and I can still tow my 4-wheeler to northern Maine (250 miles one way) without a problem. If you can deal with "not great" fuel economy, buy one. It is the best purchase I have ever made.

comfortable seats, larger than normal sunroof, great stereo

illuminated stereo/cruise control display on the steering wheel

Happy Newbie
By Emann

2006 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased the 2006 Sorento with 35K 4x2 5 speed manual. The 3.5 L V6 has more power than it needs which will hopefully last much longer as a result. What little body roll there is, it is very steady and comfortable around tighter curves and corners. The steering radius is extremely tight and impressive. I am fairly confident that I will be remaining a happy customer. Cheers!

Ground clearance, ride comfort, quiet, Well organized control panels and storage, great power, decent handling, responsive and did I say QUIET!!!

Fuel economy

2006 Kia Sorento review
By Ken

2006 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

My 06 Kia Sorento was the first NEW vehicle I had ever purchased. I figured with the used cars and trucks in the past, I had been spending too much in repairs. With the warranty of the Kia 10 yr/100,000 mile how could I go wrong? So far I've driven 51,000 miles in my Sorento and other than regular oil changes and tire rotations I've not had 1 problem. The gas mileage could be a little better, but I get 19-20 mpg in the city. I think most who claim poor mileage could be due to poor driving habits. Also my Sorento in a manual. I would suggest you check out the Kia Sorento if you are looking for a mid sized SUV!

Price and warranty