2006 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews 5

2006 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
Ongoing Problem Kia Can't Fix
By SWFang on 07/05/07 21:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the vehicle inside and out. It drives and handles well. The only problem I have is the engine light comes on and off at random always giving the same code (P506) and the vehicle stalls at random usually from a cold start, but sometimes when the vehicle is in motion. Kia has tried to fix these problems at least 4 times each but have had no success. Apparently, they want me to constantly take the vehicle in for service each time the problems happen, but it's impossible for me to do so every week. Kia doesn't seem too concerned about the problems and has said they will make no offer to resolve the problem.

Love my Kia
By cbpete on 06/04/07 12:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was a little hesitant at first to buy a Kia, but once I drove it I knew their quality had improved dramatically over the years. It's a little rough over bumps, but it is a "truck" and otherwise an excellent ride. Long trips are more comfortable than any other car I've owned. I am in love with it inside and out. I am very pleased and proud of my choice. I test drove an Equinox and thought that the seats were awful. Kia did not skimp on interior comfort. The turning radius is amazing for the size of the vehicle.

I love my Kia!
By nicholas tiffin on 05/25/07 10:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Kia Sorento in January 2006 after quite a bit of soul searching and research on the internet. I was worried about build quality as I had heard that Kias were somewhat cheapily finished. To my satisfaction, I am very, very happy with my Sorento. It is comfortable, very economical with the diesel engine, and the body styling turns heads all the time. I was in a restaurant when I heard the manager over the PA system ask the owner of a Mercedes SUV to move the vehicle. It was only at the third call when I heard the tag number that I realized it was my Kia that needed moving! All in all, excellent value for money, I would recommend buying this car to anyone without a moment's thought.

My first Kia
By L on 05/16/07 10:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Kia and I really like the Sorento EX. I heard pros and cons about the Kia Sorento when I was shopping around, but after comparing several SUVs, I like the interior and exterior design of the Sorento the best. We travel a lot and the ride is very comfortable and it's fun to drive!

Out of Asia KIA
By jesse222 on 04/29/07 20:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

More fun than a sport sedan, quieter than an ML320, smoother than a range rover, best SUV at any price, hands down!!

Electrical problems galore!
By d. jones on 03/03/07 19:59 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has been back to the Kia dealership multiple times because overnight it dies in the garage or the driveway. They have replaced sensors and told me the problem was fixed. It's not. Going to a lawyer to see if I can use the "lemon law" to return this vehicle.

Great Value in a 4WD SUV
By gdr on 02/18/07 13:17 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Sorento 4WD for more than a year, and it has been a complete surprise. I never expected to obtain this kind of quality, comfort and driving fun out of an "off brand" Korean manufacturer. I never tire of folks asking me what I am driving after telling me how great it looks (I replaced the grill with a stainless billet model, and removed all exterior Kia emblems and replaced with Korean "K" script ones. My only complaint is the quality of the paint since it chips easily. I compensated by installing a 3M invisible shield on the front end, hood and mirrors and have had no paint chips since. A great value!

trucks except dealer stinks
By hsanantonio on 02/08/07 16:58 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this truck. I used to own a US built, but that will never happen again. The performance is great. After changing to a k&n filter, the truck handled a long drive of 3k miles. I owned a Sephia before and loved the reliability of it.

2006 Kia is nice!
By Tish on 12/29/06 17:09 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I change vehicles at the drop of a hat. I sold a vehicle because it had a flat tire and another because the tires were too small and another because I couldn't get used to the color, but the Kia is for keeps. Most vehicles I buy, there is something I don't like, but no matter how hard I try, I can't find anything too bad that makes me want to get rid of it. It's smooth, nice looking and comfy. I think this is the best vehicle purchase I've ever made.

Love My New Kia
By Dana on 12/13/06 10:07 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Searched on Edmunds site for 3 months for a mid-size SUV and narrowed my choice down to 3. The Toyota Highlander, CR-V and the Kia Sorento. I went with the Sorento due to price and its over safety rating, not to mention the quality of build compared to the other two listed I researched. You may use a little more gas for a V-6, but not much. Really depends on how you drive. The Kia is well worth the buy. I love it and have not had one problem since I bought it three months ago.