Used 2010 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

New Purchase
By avgwarhawk1

2010 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased this vehicle at a end of the year clearance.
Glad I did.
Turned in a dreaded VW.
I did drive the car 150 miles thus far.
Not much however the ride is comfortable and overall very pleasant to drive.
Controls on the dash are easy to read and reach.
Fit and finish are solid. The car feels very confident on the road.
Steering is confident as well.
There is no blind spots that I noticed.
Over all the value of what you get when purchased is excellent.

Navigation system works well. Pick up for the V6 is nice. Shifting is smooth. Although many say the looks of car are mundane but I find the looks to be on par with other manufacturers. The leather heated seats are great. Basically I got the loaded version of this car and all the feature are to my liking.

None that I can see thus far.

Love it!
By AB

2010 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just purchased it and although I've only had it a few days I love it so far and I really like the warranty they offer with KIA. Would buy another I really like it and the price was great! Rides good too!

Body style, ride, room and of course the gas mileage and warranty.

none the ones I would suggest they offer in other models

Excellent Value
By DD

2010 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Here at the end of 2010, the 2010 model optima is a great deal. The options you can get for your money on an ex or sx blow the Toyota/Honda competition away. The only close competitor price wise was the Malibu, which was also discounted. The optima has the Malibu beat in most regards in my opinion. Gas mileage is good, I'm getting 24-25 mpg in the city around la and I'm not an easy driver. On the highway, if I try I can push around 35 mpg. The 4 cylinder has plenty of power, more than most of its competition. Interior is great. Exterior looks really sharp, better than Hyundai's and I like over the Camry and Accord.

Power and heated front seats; Nav system; Subwoofer included on the infinity stereo system; 100,000 mile warranty.

The 2011 is all new so this is a moot point. Hopefully the new GPS has more up to date POIs and a way to update it.

Awesome car!
By Riya

2010 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have only had this car for about 2 months but so far so good. This is my second Kia, my previous Kia was an 06 Sorento, Kia is definitely stepping their game up. I chose this car over a new Honda Accord because Kia offers more bang for the buck. For less than the price of the Honda I got a touch screen system w/ nav and satellite radio, sunroof, ipod connection, and heated seats. This is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned and the gas mileage is decent also. The warranty is also awesome. I love my new car!

The touch screen radio system and sunroof are my favorite feature. It is also roomy enough for my 4 year old and all of her stuff in the backseat. The trunk also has a lot of space.

I would have liked a v6 option, the 4 cylinder doesn't have enough acceleration for my aggressive driving, and the radio doesn't have a Bluetooth connection. The gas mileage is decent but it isn't anything to throw a party over, 30-35 mpg would be better considering this is a 4 cyl.

Just one week, but...
By Marla

2010 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my Optima. Purchased a 2010 Optima on 10/30/10, and 500 miles later, it's great. I am a short woman, and it's a comfy drive for me, as well as a comfy ride. My husband is 6', my sons are 5'10" and 5'7", and they can all sit very comfortably in the back seat, too (fabulous rear leg room!). Just enough toys to make me happy, but not so many cool electronic gadgets that I'll worry about one breaking. I really love the Sirius radio, the cruise control works flawlessly, and the controls for both on the steering wheel are great.

The engine and tranny - this car has so much pick-up, it's great. Jumps right off the line and just gets going.

Only nits with the car are that the exterior styling is a bit bland, and the ash tray/cup holder/front console arrangement is a bit awkward.