Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Problematic SRT
By Garbage SRT

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

All I can say is that this Jeep is not what I thought it to be. First off, when you punch the gas, the Jeep has this big delay and hesitation. Then it will take off, by that time the other guy is at least 3 car lengths a head of you. I just don't get it. This truck is to have 420 pony's. But it feels like it has half that. Its said to say this but Jeep needs to re-think things a little. I still have my 01 X5 4.4i. And I had my buddy race me with it, sure enough my old X5 beat me by a car length. I'm tellin you, they just don't build them like they used too. Even BMW has changed there stuff. I'm getting rid of this truck and picking up a Porsche Pepper. That turbo S is sick.

Favorite Features

Engine bay, wide tires, rims, and exhaust position.

Suggested Improvements

Tranny, hesitation, engine response. Everything else is small time. The major stuff is engine and tranny. Revamp my friends. Or Jeep you will be solf off again.

Never again!
By bluefishblitz

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2007 Grand Cherokee last April with only 54K miles on it. Within 6K miles the rear differential went and I had to have the rear axel replaced at the cost of $2K. Then a module went for my tranny to the tune of $1300. Then the battery recently went and I'm having issues with my dashboard lights constantly flashing. My mechanic is at his wits end with the flashing so if anyone has had this happen and they know what caused it please post the solution. I have owned Jeeps before but I will never buy one again. I am going back to owning a Toyota.

Favorite Features

Not much.

Suggested Improvements

Better ride, more comfortable seats. Better gas mileage (>14mi/gallon). More reliable.

Once upon a lemon
By steve

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car with 8 miles on odom. Lucky we bought warranty. Replaced transmission module in early 08 after numerous arguments with dealer, can't replicate problem. Very scary feeling not being in control of your vehicle. Jan 10 same transmission issue shuttered and shook at 20 miles an hour pulled into station. Shut off for 5 minutes, hasn't happened sense. The Windows, etc to list other obvious issues with vehicle. Looks are deceptive on this one. Run from this lemon

Favorite Features

exterior look, Rubicon underbody on rocky mountain edition.

Suggested Improvements

make vehicle safe to drive

good looks poor performance
By lou

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this suv with 20,000 miles and that's when the problems started the biggest problem is sometimes when the traffic light changes from red to green and I try to accelerate it wont go it needs 3-5 sec's to finally go, very poorly designed interior very BASIC (like a car from the 80's) no options, seats also stained very easily. Don't like the gas guzzling all wheel drive all the time I would Rather have the shifting option, sadly based on dealership customer service and Chrysler products this is the last Jeep I'll own.

Favorite Features

exterior design, fog lamps

Suggested Improvements

4 wheel drive and 2 wheel drive shifting optional, very poor gas mileage,

new jeeps are junk
By b-rad

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

this is not my first jeep. but after purchasing my 2007 jeep grand Cherokee I have one problem after another. now my latest one is that the drivers door frame is poorly built, the metal that was use in the manufacturing of the door frame is very very weak! so weak that after 8 months of opening and closing the door,the metal where the hinge mounted bent one day just enough to allow the door caught the fender now the dealer tells me that they won't fix the problem. so I have a $30,000 vehicle with a bent door and fender! list of problems, speakers blown, windows won't roll up tire rub when turning, leaking trans, trans slipping, and the list goes on...

Favorite Features

glove box

Suggested Improvements

complete redesign