2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Death around the corner
By Denise on 01/07/10 12:38 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a Jeep fan for for years. I own a 1996 Cherokee Sport with over 100,000 miles that will still get up and go without hesitation. But driving my 2007 Laredo, stalling out, hesitating and poor acceleration is nothing more then a death trap waiting to happen. At 45mph it stalled out again, with traffic behind me. I hit my hazard lights and tried to pull over to the side while pressing the gas pedal to the floor. Then as suddenly as it hesitated, it excellerated!! Driving this car keeps me on pins and needles. Every time I leave my drive way, I think will this be the time, Death meets me around the corner? There needs to be a recall now!

No problems
By sdc on 01/02/10 11:36 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle used with the 4.7L V8 and 24K miles and have had no problems. It has power to pass traffic with no problems. We just had it on a trip and it performed wonderfully in foul weather. This is a true Jeep.

Never again
By Paul on 12/30/09 20:00 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this Jeep based on the fact that I see them everywhere and liked the looks of them (and the lease was attractive). I used to drive a 1996 Grand Marquis with 210K miles on it and this thing made me miss that car. Windows didn't work right, moon roof never operated correctly (they didn't open or close correctly). The heat was horrible - either sweltering or freezing, no control. Seats were brutal. And to top it off, I opted for the v6 for "economic" reasons and settled for 15 mpg. A joke. Go for a Chevy or Toyota.

Electronic Problems
By Eric on 12/16/09 11:55 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

3 Times to the dealer for electronic problems. Front windows would roll up and make a loud clunk, limit switch/motors needed to be replaced. Heated seat stopped working, dealer fixed by replacing part. Current problem is rear left taillight stops working intermittently. Car has low mileage and is not exposed to bad weather, anyone else having these problems?

good looks poor performance
By lou on 12/16/09 00:44 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this suv with 20,000 miles and that's when the problems started the biggest problem is sometimes when the traffic light changes from red to green and I try to accelerate it wont go it needs 3-5 sec's to finally go, very poorly designed interior very BASIC (like a car from the 80's) no options, seats also stained very easily. Don't like the gas guzzling all wheel drive all the time I would Rather have the shifting option, sadly based on dealership customer service and Chrysler products this is the last Jeep I'll own.

KEEP AWAY
By Brian on 12/13/09 19:13 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Keep away from the JGC. I had a 2004 JGC and loved it. replaced for new model in 2007. After I bought this SUV I had horrible noise coming from outside after 30mph. Had to take in 3 times for them to redo weather stripping because it was not fastened at factory. Horrible blind spots. Cheap plastic interior. Auto windows don't work when it rains and Chrylser wont fix it under warranty? Cloth seats stain when water gets on them. This has been a known problem since 2005 but Chrysler won't fix. No leg room in back seats. Horrible gas milage for a V6. This 2005 and up model is a huge let down compared to the 1999-2004 model. No wonder Chrysler went under

Battery Problems
By S Fryer on 12/06/09 21:12 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I am pleased with this vehicle. BUT I am about to put a third new battery in. First one dealer claimed sun roof was drawing power, second - no explanation, but there was no water in battery (one week after general service) - going in for service again tomorrow - one month after second battery replacement. Good thing this is a leased vehicle and can be returned!

Excellent Ride
By Paul on 11/29/09 06:16 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The jeep has all the power it needs with the V-6. Acceleration is good even on a hill. Better gas mileage is only found in smaller SUV's.This one is just average like it's competitors. I love the size and fit of the cabin layout. My six foot plus sons ride in the back very comfortably. I would recommend one as my sister did to me.

Acceleration Problems
By Kathy on 11/23/09 11:33 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in September 09 even though the reviews here mentioned acceleration issues, stalling and electric problems on the '07's. 3 weeks into owning the car the CHECK ENGINE light came on and the car stalled at 10mph/ 2RPM it wouldn't move no matter how hard I pressed the gas! I took it to the dealer and they replaced my gear shift Modual under warranty. Without a warranty it would have cost me $1,000! UNBELIEVABLE. Jeep needs to RECALL the gear shift modual on these cars before someone dies from losing power on the road.

HORRIBLE GAS MILEAGE
By craig on 11/03/09 21:58 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Only get around 12 mpg in town with v6, has stalled several times and goes 15 or 20 miles an hour then mysteriously fixed itself, if your bigger than 5,6" its hard to get into. Terrible rear visibility. Worst of all, don't get the cloth seats, there impossible to keep clean, even water stains them. Stereo sounds good though.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.