2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Not what I expected
By bigt10 on 02/08/14 22:34 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Wife and I purchased this jeep in Jan 2011 to replace a 2 seat ford ranger with a 4 x 4 family car. there have been issues with driver side window, alternator,water pump, low tire pressure sensors, and nothing is a cheap fix. the center brake light is about 80 dollars unless you get lucky and find it on ebay, it requires a $100 wire harness to put in an aftermarket stereo, mine did not have a luggage rack and they are hundreds of dollars to add. Some times it just goes out of gear when driving...kinda scary. Now the lights that light up the A/c controls are have burned out and they are soldered to a computer chip board and to replace them you have to purchase a new board. Be weary of thiscar

hate this car2007 jeep gran cherokee
By amaysinone2 on 01/23/12 11:28 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

worst car every. nothing but troubles.stops running when it chooses to. almost got killed when it stoped running on the freeway. shift module needs to be replaced ,car has 44,000 on it. i will never, ever buy another chrysler veh. they need to have a recall on this. i guess we will have to get the state in it or some good lawyers.chrysler wont admit its a problem,and they wont help anyone with this. thats why they will always be no.3 this has been a nightmare,im afraid to drive it,never know when it will decide to stop or go. all the money i put out for this car and it sits in the driveway. come on guys STEP UP AND TAKE CARE OF THIS.after all we bailed you out.

Hoped it wouldnt be me!
By cook_415 on 11/10/11 12:20 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I read these reviews..but with most reviews, there good and bad. I bought my Jeep in May 11,in 3 weeks I started having check engine lights,it wouldnt shift or accelerate.Had it looked at a 3 different places & finally took it to the Jeep Dealership,they replaced a transmission sensor,$1600-not covered by my warranty.3 weeks after I got it back,driving down the interstate, in a.m. rush hour 65mph, when I sped up to get over & exit the interstate,the Jeep jumped so hard I thought I had hit something.It had shifted itself into 2nd while I was going 65mph. I had to pull over to get out of oncoming traffic.Now the service dept says it the 2nd gear ration & valve cover. So dangerous-Not worth it!

2007 Cherokee stalling/accelerating problems
By 07jeepgrandch on 08/01/11 06:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Cherokee brand new in 2006, immediately began having problems... the same as most complaints on here. My jeep would lose power, fail to accelerate over 30mph, fail to start, check engine light goes on & off, all dash lights come on & off. This began before 30,000 miles so the dealer replaced the ignition switch under warranty, that worked great for 20k+ miles but the problem began again recently. PLEASE report your issues to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. 100's if not 1,000s of people are complaining of this problem online and Chrysler needs to be held responsible for it. http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/

Worst car EVERRR!!!
By heather2007 on 03/24/11 16:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee brand new right off of the lot so that I would not have to worry about having car troubles. This car has been nothing but troubles! First it started stalling right after I would begin driving. I took it in and they replaced the ESM module. Then one year later it began stalling again, once while I was going 70 mph on the highway! So, I took it in again... and they replaced the ESM module... Again! I filed a complaint with Chrystler and they said that if it happens again they will look into it. Well, 6 months later, my car randomly won't start and is stalling more frequently than ever. They say they can't find anything wrong with my car. It won't start!!

This vehicle stinks!
By kim2008 on 02/02/11 14:52 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle new and have had nothing but issues with it. My husband and I have had it towed twice (should have towed it a third time but we limped it into the service department). This vehicle gave out on a busy highway in the passing lane late one night on my way home from work. On another trip the car would not shift out of 1st gear (this was one week after it was supposedly fixed). While driving, the car will suddenly drop into first or second gear. Sometimes when shifting from reverse to drive, the car just seizes up and won't do anything. Today, the car won't even start. I can't wait to trade it in and purchase a Ford. Much more reliable and many less headaches.

DEATH TRAP!!!
By Anonymous on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

DO NOT BUY A JEEP!! I puchased my 2007 Jeep only 3 months ago and it has stalled 6 times since, leaving me in near death experiences.I just grduated from college and wanted a reliable car...Jeep isn't it. I took all these reviews for granted, thinking it would not happen to my Jeep...it did and I ALMOST DIED because of it. Jeep will stall on HWYS, roads, or just pulling out of drive way. DO NOT BUY!!! We should have let Chrysler go bankrupt, and then we would all be better off and driving cars that are actually safe!

07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
By Laura on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 3rde Jeep that I have owned 98,04 and now the 07. I have never had so many problems. After a month of owning it my jeep would not accelerate for at least 5-10 seconds, I ended up having a shifter module put into it, It was fine for about 2 months, Now I am having the same problem AGAIN. It will not accelerate, Thank god this time I wasn't on the highway! A few people have the same year and model and there jeep just randomly shuts off on them. I will never buy a jeep again. They need to do a recall. Looks like almost everyone is having the same issues.

Problems
By David on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Hope this helps someone else. I had electrical issues with this vehicle. Dead wont start. Change the ignition module. Mine went out around 30,000 and now again. Tow package for lights not wired correct. Was told it was my trailer wiring. WRONG! It is the wiring and electric in this vehicle. Blower motor for fan went out the other day. This vehicle is a lemon.

Customer service nonexistent
By JF on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

July 17th was told I needed a part for 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo under warranty. Problem with shifting of the vehicle. Told my part would be in on Sept 23. Waiting over 2 months. Called Customer Service and keep getting switched from 1 department to another with no results. Was told my part was High Priority. When finally speaking to someone I am now told my part won't be in til Nov 11. I finally get them to pay for a rental, the cheapest they can get away with. Now they tell me the dealer will only pay for a 5 day rental and they can only pay for 14 days. They are to supply parts for a vehicle under warranty and it's not my fault they don't have the part. Why should I be without a car.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.