Used 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 229 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

I Love My Jeep
By Mary

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was the second owner for this vehicle and I have never regretted buying it. I had just gone through a divorce and had to travel across country. I have never had any problems with my jeep except the recall on the radiator which was fixed right away. I've changed the tires once and have only had to change the oil and transmission fluid. I'm about to sell it now at 17,000 miles and am very afraid I will not find a vehicle as reliable. I highly recommend this year for a Jeep if it is a I6!

I love the style, interior, and especially the color of my particular jeep--Steele blue. I also really like the fact that it had a cassette player as well as a CD player.

Can't think of any.

Best choice i've ever made
By lovemuhjeep

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Jeep about two years ago, I had always wanted a Jeep, and had my pick of what I wanted. It was a great choice, I had a few problems right off the bat, I blame it on the dealership not the car! After I fixed those problems (normal problems that come with buying a 10 year old car) I got to enjoy my Jeep like it should be. I take care of it and it takes care of me. I feel extremely safe in my Jeep and have a lot of fun driving it! With the limited, I feel comfortable inside and love how I look while I'm driving it! I couldn't ask for a better car!

leather seats, heated seats, four wheel drive, how it tells me how much gas i have til empty, just about everything!

My passenger side seat doesn't move anymore. i don't have to sit there but i feel bad for those who do :( I've read those go out a lot.

Only in a jeep
By dale

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love this vehicle. 140,000 miles and the only fixes I have had to make were the drivers side window motor at 60,000 miles, water pump at around 133,000 miles and the front drive shaft at 137,000 miles. The drivers side seat heater went out, but who cares I don't drive naked and the heater still works, so I stay plenty warm. Bought it used with 32,000 miles on it and have made weekly trips from Ft Bragg, NC to Jacksonville, Florida. Ft. Benning, GA to Jacksonville and then the trip From NC to Ft Bliss, Texas pulling a trailer. In Texas now and make a trip every weekend to Tucson, AZ and still get 20+ MPG on the highway. Would definitely buy another, but not till this one wears out.

V8 engine, AWD, 10 Disc Changer

Side mounted flame throwers for idiots that fling car doors open and hit my Jeep

buy a older one forget about the 02's
By brandon

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Well I am a huge Jeep fan this was my second purchase it had 40k miles on it when I bought it back in 05. Drove it everywhere loved the thing had it for a year put maybe 30k miles the transmission went out luckily i bought the extended warranty they fixed it a couple months go by the ac quits working ($1,000 repair) then the window motor breaks on the passenger window ($500 repair) another month later the driver window motor breaks ($500 repair) power steering ($300 repair)the heated seats broke the speakers busted didn't fix those two repairs. The transmission just went out again at 120k miles so I sold it for salvage because i refuse to spend another dime on it

It was a great drive road great loved every bit of it 4x4 all wheel drive worked great. Very comfortable for road trips looked great had chrome rims every option you can think of everyone was like wow nice ride.

Use better quality parts that don't break so easily. DO NOT BUY 2002 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LIMITED you will regret it buy an older one or a newer one that has better reviews (Still love jeep just bought the wrong year everyone has opps every once and a while)

WJ 4.7 HIGH OUTPUT: LOVE IT!
By Bart

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have a fully loaded 4.7Ltr High output, I have installed a Magnaflow muffler, Removed the main cat and left on the pre cat, installed a K & N cold air induction system. I am also running Michelin M S radials(E-rated). I am consistently getting 24 MPG. Go figure! the window sticker said 14-19, I have never go below 17 and I drive this machine hard and it it has more power than I care to talk about Best machine have ever had on and off road. loves deep snow. Bart

Everything is perfect. Headlights work very well with HID bulbs, and the wiper, rain sensor is the coolest thing! the wipers don't come on for weeks, until it rains the surprise :)

None, too bad about the left side blind spot that all of my G.C.'s have had. Make sure the heater blend door update has been done if you buy one. it will go out and it will cost some $.