Used 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

240,000 and keeps on rolling
By Isaiah

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

This is my first car I bought it on my own everyone told me not to buy it but I did and it was the best decision I've made so far.The gas is not good at all I'm getting around 12 miles to the gallon but it's easy to put 20 in and last a whole week.the interior is perfect and the heater is better than expected. I go off road in just a bout anything since I live with the most bipolar weather in the world.This jeep has lasted me 6 months so far and I'm more than pleased with it I feel like I defiantly got my money's worth being I paid 1,700 dollars for it I can't wait till I put a new motor since the oil rings are going out but for sure keeping my jeep as long as I can.

I LOVE my 00' Jeep Grand cherokee!
By John C

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I bought this as my first car, I got it for a cheap price but I was weary when I saw 130k mileage on the odometer. I did my research and asked previous Jeep owners, and I went with their overall responses. They said its has a great engine and transmission that will last for at least 200k miles easily with proper maintenance. I agree with them completely. The car has about 140k Miles on it now and the engine still runs great and quiet like it was still new. It has only been 10k miles, but that's mostly city driving and a couple of 300 mile trips. I have a rattling and shaking in my front end when I hit small bumps, But not all the parts are going to be perfect after 15 years of age. I have replaced the water pump, upper radiator hose, and tie rods so far. Besides changing oil every 3k miles, that's all I have replaced mechanically. I have also installed a higher performance muffler onto my Jeep by choice (Flowmaster Super 44). The Jeep runs amazing and I hope that it goes at least 250k before the engine dies. I live in a major city, So my gas mileage is piss poor (About 10 mpg), but I fill up with Plus so it lasts a little longer than regular unleaded. On the highway I get about 25 to 30 mpg. So not a city car. My interior is tan with brown moldings, the interior isn't entirely perfect but again its been 15 years. Overall an amazing car, a good build and very comfortable to travel with

I Hate This Jeep!
By Brandi

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

When I bought this truck, I loved it. Since then it has been one thing after another. It started shaking and I found out that the coil packs had to be changed. That wasn't too bad. But then my heater coils and blower motor had to be replaced. That was quite expensive. I can say that it has never left me on the side of the road. That's a plus, but I will never buy one again.

nothing

start over with the entire thing

Good Enough
By Jesse

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I bought this Jeep with 98000 miles on it. At first I was skeptical to say the least. I was wrong. It is slightly under powered but I think that is solved with the v8. I use this Jeep as a work vehicle and my only complaint is that it won't hold all my tools. I am impressed.

It has very comfortable seats.

More cargo room.

Not reliable
By Bobby M

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I bought this Jeep with 39,000 miles on it. I had to replace two speakers in dash, O ring on fuel pump, rear axle seal, door lock motor and driver seat motor. These repairs were done under warranty. It presently has 71,500 miles on it. If you are buying a Jeep please get the extended warranty. I don't recommend buying a Jeep. Itís not reliable like my 1994 Toyota Camry.

Seat comfort and Infinity sound system.

Reliability, please focus on quality.

• SUV