2008 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Review: Does What I Want

2008 Hyundai Tucson - Consumer Review

2008 Hyundai Tucson

SE 4dr SUV (2.7L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Does What I Want
By DAS on

2008 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We bought a used 2008 Hyundai Tucson 4x4, 2.7L V-6 last year from CarMax to replace our 2005 RAV4 after a wreck. So far, we are satisfied with the Tucson. I had a chance to try out the ABS, traction control, 4 wheel drive, and stability control several times this winter in New Mexico - it all works well. At 21k, the Bridgestones are already showing moderate wear, so we'll be looking at new tires probably by 30k or so. I'm not overly impressed with the 2.7L V-6. It's short on power and only averages around 19 to 20 mpg, giving us the power of a 4 and the mileage of a 6, the worst of both worlds. But it's reliable with no mechanical or quality issues. So far, so good.

The safety features give us a confident feeling on the open road. The Tucson may not be in the same league nor command as much respect as the RAV4 and CRV, but for the money, it's a heck of a good value.

I've already mentioned the engine. I was initially impressed with the dual tailpipes in the rear until I got under the vehicle to check out the exhaust and other parts and pieces. I was amused to find that the exhaust is only a single pipe and large muffler, with two tailpipes exiting the rear.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review