2012 Limited 2.0T
By sandstorm05 on
2012 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
All in all I must say I'm impressed with my Sonata. I've had one issue thus far, problem with the waste gate being out of spec. Evidently there is a Technical Bulletin out regarding it. I have the black on grey leather. Very appealing look, plenty of power, and on long rides it can average 35-38 mpg on the highway. I run 5w40 Amsoil and premium gas.
Favorite Features
Endless features, although I wish it had HID headlights and cooled seats. I'm 6ft 1in tall and have plenty of room in the front seats. My other vehicles I own are an Audi A6, and Nissan Altima. I realize my Altima is a couple years older but there really is no comparison to the ride and features. The Sonata puts out more hp and is more enjoyable to drive than my Altima's 3.5. The ride, handling, interior construction, and exterior paint is definitely light years away from my Audi but comparing a 50,000 car to a 30,000 is apples to oranges. Honestly best value for your money...considering options, insurance is much cheaper, longer warranty, and much better gas mileage.
Suggested Improvements
Wish it had HID headlights, heated steering wheel, cooled seats, believe they do now starting in 2014. I love being able to start the vehicle through the app on my phone...could be 1000ft away...however I hate that the hazards remain flashing until you enter the vehicle. Also its an add on under the blue link that you have to purchase annually. Factory tires are too soft, I realize they do this for the cushy ride, but they wear way to fast and unevenly. New Primacy MXM4 tires are doing just fine as long as you rotate.