2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis Coupe model:
They Broke the Code!
By RPMontgomery on 03/25/09 12:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

OMG! I am a 62yo professional who's had lots of luxury and a little performance, and this Genesis Coupe is the hottest thing I've ever had, in so many ways! People ogle it! I love the way it responds to my subtlest tickling of the pedals and steering wheel! Great acceleration, nimble as a cheetah, and so well-balanced it's a dream to drive, easy or hard. Love it! The fit, finish, and style of every little detail is unsurpassed! And the car is intelligent! It wouldn't even allow my wife to lock the key in the trunk--it knew it was there! Mileage on regular gas is far better than I expected, and the engine has a great sound. No detractors! I could sell these things!!

Ridiculous value
By KC Cruiser on 03/25/09 11:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I've only had this for a short while, but everything about this car has met my high expectations. For Hyundai's first venture into the performance arena, the Genesis Coupe is a stellar debut. With comparable equipment, the Infiniti G37 listed out over $10K more & the only real edge I'd give the G37 is in the aesthetics of the interior design. The Gennie Coupe is comfortable, quick off the line & navigating in traffic, nimble in maneuvering, & very stylish---talk about turning heads on the road! I would definitely recommend it as a quality performance car that represents a clearly superior value to anything in its price range, & it can compete with others priced several thousand dollars more.

simply thrilled ...
By calgarydriver on 03/19/09 19:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The Genesis Coupe is a great little car and I'm having a ball with it. I've driven big Chryslers, Buicks and Cadillacs for the last 30 years. In many ways driving this Coupe feels like driving my early rides; 66 T'bird, 69 Cyclone and 74 Mach 1 ... eye-catching style and eye-popping performance.

Hyundai's moving up in the world
By Kevin on 03/17/09 16:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Although I've only had mine for a little while, I can still say that the Genesis Coupe is a very impressive effort by Hyundai. Honda, Toyota, and even BMW are probably going have to sharpen their pencils in response to this car. After driving several competitors (and wincing at their prices), I stumbled onto the Coupe. Even if you don't factor in its lower price, the Hyundai is hard to beat: great style, good fuel economy (on regular gas!), just about every option you'd expect (with the Grand Touring option), not to mention terrific power and handling - it all adds up to a great car. I'll admit that time will tell when it comes to resale value, but for now, I'll just enjoy it...

1st Impressions
By Van on 03/13/09 10:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We were going to buy a Sonata when we saw the coupe and were floored. Took it for a test drive and were sold on the spot knowing Hyundai's reliability. Having only put 250 miles on the vehicle, it's a little early to give true impressions and ratings on the vehicle until it is broken in. MPG for this vehicle so far is good having obtained an average of 25 MPG on both Hwy/City... as long as you can keep your foot from getting heavy on the gas. This car is a blast to drive for the price and handles very well and predictable. Yes, there are some small quirks I've noticed, but I can easily look past these for the fun and pleasure of driving this car.

New Genesis Coupe
By Myls-O2L on 03/12/09 08:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Have only owned for a week, but what a great week. This is definitely a sexy looking Hyundai. The styling reminds me of the Porshe 944. The sheet metal Z-styling and wide rear end make a nice statement. Power is not a problem with the 3.8L V6 and it features a nice exhaust purr at start up and acceleration. For a coupe, the interior is quite comfortable (at least in the front)and well appointed at the price level. Ride comfort is what you would expect from a sports suspension and low-profile Potenza tires. The vehicle is longer than you would expect for a "Sports Coupe". Overall, if you are looking for a fun, great looking car you can't beat the 2010 Genesis Coupe. Big bang for the bucks!

3.8 Liter Track Sweet Ride
By kikkenit2 on 03/09/09 22:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Fantastic low end power. Competitive gas mileage. Decent somewhat original body style. Solid chassis, almost too stiff. Almost no body roll. Nowhere to be found. Very limited availability, especially on west coast. Will never be common like mustang. A little slower than g37, 370z, camaro v8, and mustang gt but has a strong package all around.

great car so far
By marshall on 03/09/09 14:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car on Saturday only one I have seen on the road to date. This is a great looking car with a lot of options very powerful engine great interior with plenty of accents and leather very fun to drive. Will let you know about reliability and speed later I am taking it to Bristol for the nascar race and will look for a place to open it up on the way

Sweet Ride!
By Billy on 03/09/09 12:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Finally picked up my Gen Coupe and it's a blast to drive! I've always wanted a rear drive coupe and have to say I'm most satisfied. Got mine for $31,500 and is the best money I've ever spent. Too much fun. Super smooth shifter, love the limited-slip diff, the Brembos are fantastic! You must get the track version if you get one! Why not spend a few more bucks and really deck it out. The car is so incredibly solid feeling. A friend of mine has a 350z and it already looks out dated. The Z is definitely a fun ride, but not for the price and the difference in technology compared to the Gen Coupe. Did anyone hear Hyundai spent around $700 mil and 100 engineers developing this platform?

Amazing!!
By hyundaigencoupe on 03/06/09 18:33 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

when you first get in it you feel the emotion from the car even when the engine is off. But when the 2.0L (the one i got)engine comes to life it gives me chills, it is so exciting.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe in VA is:

$154 per month*