2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon - Consumer Reviews

GLS 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (31 reviews )
Great value
By Sproutlorian on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon

We've had the car almost 2 years and it is a very dependable car! Gas mileage isn't the greatest, but for the size has enough room for us to travel around in. Pick-up is a little lacking on onramps to highways, so more horsepower would be an advantage.

Reliability, utility, fun.
By Chris wright on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon

Great car, only 1 problem in 3 years: the CD player has failed twice.

Car of my dream
By VaKo on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon

Universal car, powerfull engine, all needed feature standart. A lot of space affordable to move your stuff. Got my car with Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus tires and have to exchange them this summer after 35000 miles. Nice tires and short braking distance.

Never Again
By Monties on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon

Rides smooth WHEN it runs right. Numerous stalling, skipping and bucking problems and frequent shop visits. 83,000 miles, 4 transmissions and 2 master computers later, I got rid of this car.

A great runner but maintinance Mucho $
By karloffb on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon

I loved the look of this car, the warranty and after reading the reviews on this site, how could I loose? After talking to the service personel at my dealership Ithink this car it will be TOO expensive to own.The list as follows: 1. Catalytic converter installed ($800! 2. Timing Belt (required after the first 60K) $400! and at first we were told several months ago $300 + 3. The infamous "o2 sensor" this is a known problem to every website on the internet except for edmunds.com $200 4. Change 4 spark plugs $99 (oh yes they also check a couple of things to, but if anything needs to be replaced extra$$$ 5. Transmission maintainence $169 6. Coolaint flushes $100 +

No Hassles, Great Value, Happy Customer
By djh10 on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon

I needed a reliable car that can haul a lot of bulky stuff. This thing is probably the best purchase decision I have ever made. This thing has been awesome. My only complaint is that the factory (Kumho)tires gave out pretty soon. I got every option possible and nothing has broken yet. (26700 mi.) Mileage has been a little disappointing in the city, but I make a lot of 0-2 mile trips with A/C on in Phoenix weather. Highway = 33-34 mpg. City 22- 24 mpg.

Awesome car...No Problems !
By frleck on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon

This car is the best I have ever owned. The only money we have put into it is for gas and routine maintainance. The only problem was with the tires...they had to be replaced at 15,000 miles. They were completly bald and would not pass inspection.

A tank of a car!
By Mark Ox on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon

I bought this car because it was the largest in its class, most HP, and lowest price with the best waranty. The car has been great, very quick, MPG, and you can not break it. Every morning it just starts right up and goes. The perfect econo wagon!

2000 Elantra
By grapejuice on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon

This a been one of the most trouble free cars I have ever owned. I have had warrannty service performed on two different occasions by a dealership other than where I bought the car. Both times I was treated as if I had bought ten cars form them. Service has been excellent. The only complaint I have is that the paint is not holding up and Hyndai doen't want to do anything about it. Gas milage is not what I expected in a small car with a for cylinder engine.

Very Satisfied
By InCogNeTo on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS 4dr Wagon

Overall I LOVE this car. Have it only 9 months but trading in for a Chrysler Sebring Convertible. I'm a bit nervous cause this car is very reliable, great on gas. I'm not nervous to travel alone (i'm female) Not afraid of breaking down. It only had 25M (11/01) now has 28M (8/02)