2014 Hyundai Accent Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Hyundai Accent Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Comfortable Basic Car
By Paulette Lind Ryder

2014 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

This is a small, cheap car that looks nice, feels comfortable, and gets very good gas mileage. While a few very small improvements are in order, I would highly recommend it.

Very important to me is that the head rest turns backward, allowing me to sit up straight, rather than how most headrests push my head forward. Also, as a shorter person, the seat height adjustment allows me a good view. Front and back seats are equally very comfortable, and there is a surprising amount of legroom, even in back. It also has more cargo space than most cars of this size. When we keep the car running on the "eco" setting and don't use snow tires, we usually get between 32 and 42 miles per gallon, with it most often being 36 on our rural roads Love that this model was available in sky blue (pastels are rare today), and the exterior lines look very stylish.

- automatic door lock is a pain; occasionally even auto-locks ALL doors when you get out, so you'd better have your key - rear seat belts go across neck unless semi-tall adult; unusable as is - radio does not display song/artist except in Sirius mode; display is large and bright (no dimmer - only on/off) - bad at night - Small gas tank means we're filling up as often as with a less gas-efficient car - is a bit slow going up hills on "eco" setting (not a big deal to me) - passenger seat does not have height adjustment - dashboard dots reflect on windshield - still wish they'd bring back the small triangular windows up front to direct wind to the front passengers