Used 2010 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Best car I've ever had
By rose313

2010 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2010 Accent GLS with 25k miles on it and I now have 40k after 9 months. This has been the best 9 months of driving I've ever had. I wanted a cheap car that was okay on gas and wouldn't fall apart. I got so much more than I expected. I have not had any serious problems. I got the headlights replaced under warranty because one was clouded and had water in it, and I got the starter replaced also under warranty. There is plenty of space for myself, my tall boyfriend, and a ton of bags and suitcases for when we go on trips. I get exactly what Edmunds suggests for gas mileage. I love the steering wheel audio controls, the XM radio, and the comfy seats. So much value in one little car!

Favorite Features

Everything the Premium Package includes, especially the power locks and windows, the steering wheel controls, and the XM radio. It also comes with cruise control, although I don't use it much.

Suggested Improvements

As expected in a car with a small engine, sometimes the RPM goes way up when accelerating quickly, like on a highway ramp. Normally it's fine but when the AC is on it struggles a little. It also shakes sometimes over 80, but that is to be expected in a little car...and no one is supposed to go over 80 anyway.

Fun Commuter
By alessing

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned every car imaginable, F-150's, Hummer H2's, Ford Explorers, Audi's, etc. I currently own 2 Mercedes Benz and they're great cars, just not on gas. My first Accent was a company car w/ 87k miles. It was a comfortable car, great on gas, fun to drive, but severely under-powered. The auto transmission is sloppy and makes some hard shifts and cruise control isn't available. Beyond that I needed a commuter I could drive around and my son needed something too. This was perfect. My son can drive to school and work and I can go run errands. Despite the flaws, I love this car!

Favorite Features

Factory Kenwood Stereo, Rear hatch provides ample cargo space, comfortable seats, easy to reach controls, very simple gauge cluster (as opposed to some new vehicles where it seems you need a degree just to read 'em), and lots of safety features.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control isn't available, move wiper knob back further (I bump it when I turn a lot), further folding rear seats, more modern transmission.

Very Happy With It!
By zfair89

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The sticker on the car said 14400, but they are very motivated to sell cars at Hyundai. After the trade-in of my crappy Grand AM and some rebates the car was under $10000. And it is loaded! everything except for cruise control. bought it in June of 2010 and have put close to 30k on it. great value. fun to drive. great on gas. recommend to commuters and college kids.

Favorite Features

fun to drive. fuel economy. value!

Suggested Improvements

it gets a bit squeaky over uneven surfaces and bumps.

FLIMSY DIRT MAGNET
By buggycrazy

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Falling apart in 7,000 miles, side mirror cover bumped when shoveling snow, fell off, numerous dings in plastic bumper and interior, seats do not move or fold down enough, windshield cracked at 7,000, flat windows catch all kinds of crud constantly, too low of clearance, stupid shield interferes with oil change, semi sunk windshield catches all kinds of crud and is prone to having the drain holes freeze up then there is a lake in the window, with the wipers frozen into it. The rear tail light assembly is placed where it just begs to be hit - and so it has! Charger will not charge when key is off so is useless to charge my equipment, but it is safe to leave it out on the street with the keys in it and unlocked-no one will steal it! I bought this thing to save money, and that was a mistake, since it is too fragile for normal use I will not fix anything anymore and will have to save money by not washing it, all that dirt camouflages all the other stuff that is breaking up and falling apart.

Favorite Features

6 speakers to drown out the road noise and air conditioning, a must with the over sized hot windows

Suggested Improvements

better quality windows and window design

Best Little Car!
By 2010_hyundai

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

After owning my F250 Ford Crew Cab with a 460 gas burner, it has been nice to get the bleeding stopped. I looked at this car many times. I also looked at the Toyota Yaris. I kept coming back to the Accent because I felt the quality was the same and the price was better. I am so pleased with everything about this car. It drives so smooth. I love the simplicity too. I plan to have this car for a long time. It's all I need in a car. The interior has a high quality feel and look to it. Lots of little storage compartments. The back seat can fit 2 adults comfortably. I may have cruise control added later.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage, Looks, Great heater, Drives smooth and quiet. PRICE....

Suggested Improvements

The seatbelt is located too far towards the rear. Hyundai should have located it closer to the seat so it would not be so far to reach for. This is not that big of a deal and is the ONLY thing I would suggest to improve.