2010 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Best car I've ever had
By rose313 on 08/22/12 12:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2010 Accent GLS with 25k miles on it and I now have 40k after 9 months. This has been the best 9 months of driving I've ever had. I wanted a cheap car that was okay on gas and wouldn't fall apart. I got so much more than I expected. I have not had any serious problems. I got the headlights replaced under warranty because one was clouded and had water in it, and I got the starter replaced also under warranty. There is plenty of space for myself, my tall boyfriend, and a ton of bags and suitcases for when we go on trips. I get exactly what Edmunds suggests for gas mileage. I love the steering wheel audio controls, the XM radio, and the comfy seats. So much value in one little car!

Fun Commuter
By alessing on 07/22/12 10:46 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned every car imaginable, F-150's, Hummer H2's, Ford Explorers, Audi's, etc. I currently own 2 Mercedes Benz and they're great cars, just not on gas. My first Accent was a company car w/ 87k miles. It was a comfortable car, great on gas, fun to drive, but severely under-powered. The auto transmission is sloppy and makes some hard shifts and cruise control isn't available. Beyond that I needed a commuter I could drive around and my son needed something too. This was perfect. My son can drive to school and work and I can go run errands. Despite the flaws, I love this car!

Very Happy With It!
By zfair89 on 03/14/12 12:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The sticker on the car said 14400, but they are very motivated to sell cars at Hyundai. After the trade-in of my crappy Grand AM and some rebates the car was under $10000. And it is loaded! everything except for cruise control. bought it in June of 2010 and have put close to 30k on it. great value. fun to drive. great on gas. recommend to commuters and college kids.

FLIMSY DIRT MAGNET
By buggycrazy on 08/29/11 20:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Falling apart in 7,000 miles, side mirror cover bumped when shoveling snow, fell off, numerous dings in plastic bumper and interior, seats do not move or fold down enough, windshield cracked at 7,000, flat windows catch all kinds of crud constantly, too low of clearance, stupid shield interferes with oil change, semi sunk windshield catches all kinds of crud and is prone to having the drain holes freeze up then there is a lake in the window, with the wipers frozen into it. The rear tail light assembly is placed where it just begs to be hit - and so it has! Charger will not charge when key is off so is useless to charge my equipment, but it is safe to leave it out on the street with the keys in it and unlocked-no one will steal it! I bought this thing to save money, and that was a mistake, since it is too fragile for normal use I will not fix anything anymore and will have to save money by not washing it, all that dirt camouflages all the other stuff that is breaking up and falling apart.

Best Little Car!
By 2010_hyundai on 12/19/10 11:46 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

After owning my F250 Ford Crew Cab with a 460 gas burner, it has been nice to get the bleeding stopped. I looked at this car many times. I also looked at the Toyota Yaris. I kept coming back to the Accent because I felt the quality was the same and the price was better. I am so pleased with everything about this car. It drives so smooth. I love the simplicity too. I plan to have this car for a long time. It's all I need in a car. The interior has a high quality feel and look to it. Lots of little storage compartments. The back seat can fit 2 adults comfortably. I may have cruise control added later.

Try to find a better built car for the $
By Hyundaiman on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car brand new in 8/2010. Price before taxes was $10,400. I never owned a Hyundai before, previously I've owned Subaru's. Long story short, my last car was an OB Sport SE, I put it on Autotrader & basically sold it for what I paid for it 3 years ago when it was new. I felt like saving some money given the crazy recession & decided to get a simple commuter car. Although the Subaru is a better car in every way this little Accent has been a pleasant surprise for what it is. It's sporty looking, interior is high quality, I average 40 mpg & it's crash tests are good. So far it has been reliable & I hope that I won't have to use the warranty.Heard that Hyundai service dept stinks!!

Blue 2010 Accent Blue
By Dave H on 08/05/10 06:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent Blue 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in July 2010. Great gas mileage, especially since I use the manual transmission for fuel economy vs speed. Averaged 40 MPG for the first tank 50/50 city/highway and am presently at 45 MPG on this second tank. I use a ScangaugeII to monitor MPG as well as other information about the car as I drive.

a good buy
By dmk on 08/01/10 20:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I have a muscle car for the summers. Needed a winter/run around car. Was looking at used, for $11.000 the car was a steal. auto, a/c. Worry free driving and in a strange way, fun little car to drive.

The sleek slate metallic hatchback
By don on 07/18/10 16:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great car great everything. On a trip I got 39 mpg. Around town I get 33-34. I shift with the selector indicator for gear!

Frank Hyundai Awesome dealership,
By pashun on 07/08/10 10:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Hyundai, love this little car, fun to drive, love the color ice blue, frank Hyundai is a awesome dealership, sales manager is great. Everything is centrally located, I needed to cut my payments so I traded a Toyota, (long time Toyota customer) but with all the problems with Toyota, I decided to go to Hyundai, I am a senior and just needed a car to get from point a to b, felt this would be a great car for me, like the hatchback, gets to 60 with no problems, drives smooth on freeway and takes bumps in the road nicely, got the car for 11,810 got great payments also with a $2,000 rebate. Totally happy with my new car. Test drive one you will be surprised

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Accent in VA is:

$134 per month*