Used 2000 Hyundai Accent Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

2000 Hyundai Accent Sedan

GL 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (27 reviews )

Owned one for 5 years-Good car
By Stormy21856

2000 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 18,000 miles in Jan 2002. Car now has 67,325 mi. Very reliable after the first couple times in the shop the first year I owned it. Needed Mass air flow sensor to stop pinging & some automatic transmision shifter sensor found in TSB to smooth out shifting. Great city car, great gas milage. Car has functioned extremly well no problems. Brakes and tires around 42,000 mi. Very basic low cost transportation. I have been very pleased.

Favorite Features

Gas milage and low cost for maintenance.

Suggested Improvements

This car is noisy at highway speeds. Need more insulation and/or weatherproofing.

Fantastic Little Car
By Marshall

2000 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

reliable, wonderful mileage (37 HWY, 30 CTY). puchase w/out CD, PWR windows, locks, mirrors, cruise control-minor factors. overall, great buy. good design. spacious trunk. MOON ROOF. decent acceleration. 62,000 miles, $4,200. great car for the money. i don't like the steering wheel (personal preference: i like to steer from the bottom). minimal body damage, easy oil change, good tires. bad sound system, but i bought a new one to put in. good design. i'll never buy another american car. i absolutely love it. interior is a little ugly, but i can deal. i suggest you buy this car, it's cheap, reliable, pretty, fuel efficient (i fill up every 10 days, and i commute 30 miles to work every day).

Favorite Features

fuel efficiency. design. moon roof. trunk space. leg room (up front). rear seats fold down. color.

Suggested Improvements

no power windows, locks, or mirrors. no CD player. no cruise control. rear seat leg room.

I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO GET ONE!
By Erika

2000 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

The 2000 Accent GL 4 door/automatic was the first used car I've bought, but it's been the most RELIABLE! Bought it with 45K, now it has 70K on it. I love it so much! It's fun to drive, and more reliable than any of the new vehicles we've ever bought... maybe that's because it's a foreign- made car. Those Koreans really know how to make cars! Hyundai (along with Toyota, Honda, and Mitsubishi) knows how to make American automakers look like garbage! I think I'll do all of my car-buying with Hyundai now. I've been so pleased with their customer service when the seat belt locked up. It wasn't under factory warranty at that point, but they fixed it under the warranty anyway.

Favorite Features

GAS MILEAGE, CD PLAYER (although I put that in myself), how QUIET the engine/motor is (especially for a small car), FRONT FOOT ROOM, TURNING RADIUS, LARGE FACTORY WARRANTY, INTERIOR/EXTERIOR DESIGN, ALLOY WHEELS, the QUALITY YOU GET FOR THE PRICE, RELIABILITY! NICE CAR! BEST VALUE AROUND!

Suggested Improvements

The back seatbelt locked up, but we caused that ourselves. It wasn't under the warranty anymore, buy the Hyundai dealership was so awesome and let it be covered under warranty anyway! I would buy one with power windows/locks and ABS next time.

I have one!
By melody

2000 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I own one of these cars. although i tinted the windows and put a few small in-expensive little gagets, like seat covers, window stickers, and just kinda tricked it out a little bite, i love driving my car, its great on gas, so i dont have to stop at every station i see. YOOHOO!handles great on wet and snowy roads, thats the front wheel drive doing its thing! although, it gets great gas mileage on the HWY 400+ miles,to A TANK, i can handle the 250-270 miles A TANK In town driving. i love this car. its agreat car for a single person,, or if you dont want to haul all your friends around for free. three friends and yourself, thats plenty in one car, great car overall. I love my car

Favorite Features

roomey enough,great gas mileage, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

small car like this, no other inprovements needed.

right
By g

2000 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

bought w/32k in dec 04, its noisy (weather stripping stinks) the dash sounds like a kitten, rear struts squeak (probably leak), replaced oil dipstick at 37k(rust...hmm?) mass air flow sensor at 43k, remapped the computer (whatever that means) 2nd & 3rd gear grind,driver and passenger side window rattle when down, speedometer or tach make noise, cup holders in a odd place.new front brakes at 48k.warranty is up in jan 06 eek!...so whats next to fix!

Favorite Features

37mpg on average and looks nice...kinda

Suggested Improvements

better resale value or just make a better car!