2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:
Great truck
By muddyh on 11/14/11 19:27 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

95000 K so far, no issues, very good in snow, easy to park, pulls 5000 lbs okay, also overloaded it a few times with heavy items and no issues, had full size before but don't need or want a full size.

Nice All around vehicle
By Charlie on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 3 yr Lease and will now buy out the lease at 19k and hopefully own for years to come. I like the Truck. Rides really well. Trunk is great. Fits golf clubs plus a folding chair. Inside is comfy. I wanted heated Seats,mirrors, a roof, so I went for the better model. No Nav. (would have liked it, but it seemed too much $$, when you can get a GPS for $125. or so.) The shifting you feel as you ride along is annoying. Glad I read others had an this issue, or I may not have purchased it out, as was not sure problem existed. I would have expected better mileage from a Honda product. It needs 5 mpgs more both city & highway. I don't drive enough to worry about it but...

Love affair is over
By cheryl driscoll on 06/19/10 09:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was so happy when I first brought home my ridgeline. The problems started when the first sleet and ice storm hit, when I was coming home from work that night at 10: pm I couldn't get the defroster to melt the ice off the windshield and had to pull over several times before I got home to scrape the window. My feet were freezing, mechanic said you can either have warm feet and not much windshield defrost or vise versa. Second problem, steering box under the left front wheel broke at about 7,000 miles. Next, the rear left lens cover let water in the tail light, and now, heat/ac completely gone at 26,000. I didnt realize I would become best friends with my mechanic. Toyota, I'm coming back!

Nice Truck
By DANSWAK on 01/03/10 06:40 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I like everything about this truck except the lack of integrated lock on tailgate. The inbed trunk has an integrated lock which can be opened using keyfob. The tailgate does not even have a lock on it. Once I added a tonneau cover I had to add a "pop-a- lock" which necessitates me carrying an extra key.

Ridgeline fan?
By KARUSA on 10/30/09 14:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Doesn't fit long legs, short arms well. Honda famous "fit and finish" is lacking. Very underpowered at 245hp and 4500 lbs. Fuel economy in town only 14 not 17 advertised. Honda's implementation of 4WD is not. You can not control it and it works only marginally light offroad and in wet heavy snow on road. The in bed storage is a large plus. Overall, I'd buy something else if I had it to do over, I want a better hp/weight ratio which would also help fuel mileage. It's underpowered, had nagging minor issues with trim misfits, vanity lights needed repair -- choose differently folks.

The ultimate everything vehicle
By Engineer on 10/01/09 18:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drive 200 miles round trip a day mostly highway on cruise. My mileage was low until I put about 15,000 on the truck but now regularly get 22MPG cruising at 70 with my high being 23.9. I have found that the power is quite good but the VSA system intrudes too much leaving most folks with the impression it doesn't have low end power. If you switch the button off the truck will launch hard indicating Honda should rethink the programming. My biggest beefs are lack of a telescoping wheel that allows one to rest your elbows on the door and console pad without feeling like you're reaching. Seat comfort is misleading; way too hard. I will be the first in line for a new dturbo diesel.

Good but not great
By FLIPSIX on 09/07/09 21:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great AWD truck. Styling is great. Friendly driver controls. Good power considering the weight. Problems included the tailgate lever which was replaced. Makes this start up noise- "normal" per dealership. Huh??? Showed me a youtube excerpt about. Supposedly won't cause any problems, uhuh...Storage is great especially the hidden bed trunk. Poor gas mileage 15- 17mpg city 18mpg combined and that's pushing it.

STILL Love It.
By JonnyB, on 08/02/09 00:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck, new, well over a year ago, and I've never regretted it once. In fact, quite the contrary. If you have a family, a house, or do any light duty stuff (for ex. trips to the dump), this is a GREAT vehicle. I live in New England and it's solid in the snow as well. I also take long trips (500+ miles) with my family of 4. The Ridgeline is all about comfort and stows a TON of gear. The trunk in the bed can't be beat (even "big truck" guys agree). My wife likes driving it, which is something a few guys have asked me (hey, it stinks, but once in a while I have to give up my truck); the visibility and comfort are great for me at 6'1" and my wife at 5'2". Awesome all-around vehicle.

First "New" Truck
By Tom Moran on 03/08/09 11:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall experience has been great. I use my truck as my daily driver throughout Minnesota winters and most of the summer. Handling and ride are excellent for a truck, my previous truck was a GMC Sierra and the Honda is better in pretty much every respect other than raw power and towing capacity. Interior design is highly functional but a little drab and goofy in some respects such as the cartoon large interior door pulls. I have towed a race car on a open trailer (near 5000 lbs. total) hundred of miles with no problems and the truck has plenty of pulling power and stability as a tow vehicle. The bed is pure genius not only for the truck but also for the full 48" width.

Excellent Vehicle
By JohnSoCal on 02/10/09 21:11 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Honda Accords for the past 27 years. Last year I bought a new 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL. I loved the Accords but the Ridgeline is the best of all. I is another superior vehicle which Honda always provides.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew-cab in VA is:

$103 per month*