Used 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

if it only had 300h.p.
By redc5vete

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really enjoy this truck. gets more compliments than my 02 vette. I do have aftermarket 22 inch chrome wheels though. with lo-pro tires and the Ridgelines Formal Black color it is awesome. Never had any trouble from it except when I ran hi-test bp in it. after a while I had spark knock which went away fast after going back to reg. its only low mark is it's an inch to short in legroom for a 6 foot man. I do recommend changing the Trans., Power steering, and diff. fluids after 50000 miles. the shift and wheel turn improvement was tremendous. only a $200 dollar job at a service station. the 2 way tailgate, wet/dry trunk and luxury amenities are just icing on the cake

Favorite Features

tailgate hidden water proof trunk xm 6 disc cd, 5.1 stereo 3-way console awd heated side mirrirs

Suggested Improvements

thicker sheet metal more horsepower (just for respect)

Great truck
By muddyh

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

95000 K so far, no issues, very good in snow, easy to park, pulls 5000 lbs okay, also overloaded it a few times with heavy items and no issues, had full size before but don't need or want a full size.

Favorite Features

Size, comfort, handling, versatility, in bed storage, dependable, If i drive 90 kph i get 30 imperial mpg, if i drive 120 kph i get 26+ mpg, not bad.

Suggested Improvements

more towing capacity, more power and even better mileage, having said that milage is much better than expected, especially in town in winter.

Nice All around vehicle
By Charlie

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 3 yr Lease and will now buy out the lease at 19k and hopefully own for years to come. I like the Truck. Rides really well. Trunk is great. Fits golf clubs plus a folding chair. Inside is comfy. I wanted heated Seats,mirrors, a roof, so I went for the better model. No Nav. (would have liked it, but it seemed too much $$, when you can get a GPS for $125. or so.) The shifting you feel as you ride along is annoying. Glad I read others had an this issue, or I may not have purchased it out, as was not sure problem existed. I would have expected better mileage from a Honda product. It needs 5 mpgs more both city & highway. I don't drive enough to worry about it but...

Favorite Features

Trunk. Heated Seats in the Northeast. Reliability. Comfortable ride for me wife and up to 3 teens. Electric window in the back and the Roof are great. Good for dump runs and small jobs. Not for a real work truck.

Suggested Improvements

Trailer hitch s/be included for the $ your paying like most step toes. The heated mirrors and seats stay on even after you turn off the vehicle. So if you use them, you need to remember to turn them off. Bad idea. Reset them at ignition switch. Visibility as others noted is tough to switch lane.

Love affair is over
By cheryl driscoll

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was so happy when I first brought home my ridgeline. The problems started when the first sleet and ice storm hit, when I was coming home from work that night at 10: pm I couldn't get the defroster to melt the ice off the windshield and had to pull over several times before I got home to scrape the window. My feet were freezing, mechanic said you can either have warm feet and not much windshield defrost or vise versa. Second problem, steering box under the left front wheel broke at about 7,000 miles. Next, the rear left lens cover let water in the tail light, and now, heat/ac completely gone at 26,000. I didnt realize I would become best friends with my mechanic. Toyota, I'm coming back!

Favorite Features

Love the way it feels when I drive it. Lots of room for camping gear and a car seat for my little grandson who says he loves my truck. Can lift up half of the back seat so the dog can come with us. Really like the comfortable seats for me, that was why I bought it.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage! Better defrost/floor heat. I have to wear heavy winter boots and socks so I can see out the window in the winter.

Nice Truck
By DANSWAK

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I like everything about this truck except the lack of integrated lock on tailgate. The inbed trunk has an integrated lock which can be opened using keyfob. The tailgate does not even have a lock on it. Once I added a tonneau cover I had to add a "pop-a- lock" which necessitates me carrying an extra key.

Favorite Features

Drives just like Honda Accord.

Suggested Improvements

Add an integrated lock to the tailgate.