2007 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: Honda at its best

2007 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Honda at its best
By Dale on

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far this vehicle has exceeded my expectations. My combined mileage has been 19 MPG and as advertised, 22 MPG straight out highway driving. Cabin noise level is very quiet. What little road noise there is, comes from the cheap Goodyear tires. I have read a few online reviews about "drive line vibes" but even up to 90 MPH, my Pilot is very smooth and drives very tight. We have had 2 snowfalls recently; the 4WD works great and the vehicle gets excellent traction. The Pilot drives, rides and performs much better than the Grand Cherokee, Explorer and Four Runner. These vehicles don't compare in quality either.

Favorite Features

FUN,Great acceleration-much better than my 5.4 L Expedition. The interior is awesome-typical Honda fit and finish. The front and middle row leather seats are very comfortable and there are lots of storage pockets, cup holders and 12 V jacks. Interior room and quality are much better than the Explorer.

Suggested Improvements

Larger wheels and better quality tires would look and perform better. I would like to see a rear window that would roll down and/or the rear side windows open (like in my Expedition). Rear seat is truly for smaller children and is not very comfortable. I Wish they would offer better exterior colors.